vespinoy on March 12, 2008, 09:59:35 AM
Hey guys,
Got a text message from direkpal, from gerdie.
The message reads...

Friends, need blood donors.  Any blood type.  Today or tomorrow.

Apparently she's been in the hospital for a week already.
So if any of you have the time, please try and drop by The Medical City Blood Bank, I think it's in the Basement or LG floor.   Here are the details for your donation.

Patient: Geraldine Francisco
Room: 1117

Many thanks and God bless.
Let's all pray for Gerdie's speedy recovery.
"I didn't get a harrumph outta that guy."
"Give the governor a harrumph."
"Harrumph!"

bartmaniac on March 13, 2008, 11:02:22 PM
guys,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it was confirmed the other day that Gerdie has Ampullary Cancer. :(

I got to know her summer of last year when we were classmates (together with Pal, Daddy D, Mario, Edmund, Jojo, Jon) in last year's Vespa Motorcycle Riding Course with Jake Swann. Gerdie was the top of the class.   :)

Her operation was moved tomorrow (Friday) 7am cause she did not have enough blood donors.  I've also heard that the bill for the operation would reach 600k (excluding room & medicine).

Aside from her music scoring gig at GMA, Gerdie also works as Senior Photographer of wedding photography outfit.  Here's the account of Jong, her boss, about her situation:
http://johnmateosong.multiply.com/journal/item/22/Prayers_for_Gerdie

Looks like Gerdie is also okay blogging from the hospital kasi updated din yung blog nya. :)

http://www.gerdiefrancisco.com/blog/

GET WELL SOON, GERDIE. :)
-o-
{
}    blogging about...
  0   Who rides a Vespa?

wulffman on March 14, 2008, 07:13:29 AM
All prayers for you, classmate.
Live, ride and tell your tale.

Get well very soon.

direkpal on March 14, 2008, 08:30:39 AM
one way we can help gerdie is to find a buyer for her FLY.
it's at 2211. i'm sure that the proceeds from the sale will help in her medical expenses.
and, let's continue to pray for her.
vespa granturismo sport gts300ie super - bianco bella

euroscoot inc - decade 1

direkpal on March 20, 2008, 12:51:23 PM
i got a message from gerdie today.
her surgery went very well, and that the tumor and its sprouting neighbors were all contained
in the area that the surgeon removed. she will need no additional treatments.
she is recovering faster than scheduled. she thanks all of us who prayed for her,
and requests us to continue praying that her altered digestive system functions well,
and that her taste buds calm down to normal.
i quote her: "thank you again for all your love and prayers. my life has changed!
the Lord is good to me! He has renewed my life. more reasons to give Him praise!"

here's to a speedy recovery gerdie !
 :) :) :)

... now if we can only help her sell the FLY to help defray her hospital expenses ...  ;)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 12:53:19 PM by direkpal »

euroscoot inc - decade 1

direkpal on March 26, 2009, 09:30:10 AM
update on gerdie's condition:

we chatted on YM yesterday and the latest on her medical condition is that the tumor has spread to her lungs and she is currently undergoing a chemo protocol, one that she will have to endure for some time.
the good news is that she doesn't look sick outwardly, and that she is still able to work producing music for some of the shows on GMA-7. she just gets tired easily and hasn't been able to ride her LX in several months (tinanggal na nga muna ang battery).

let's continue to pray that she recovers and wins this battle and that she keeps her spirits up as she does.

thanks !!!

euroscoot inc - decade 1

johos on March 26, 2009, 11:50:07 AM

Gerdie was a classmate of some of us when we took the motorcycle safety course of Jake Swann. Been following her through her blog check it out, there is a link at Vespinoy. She really needs our prayers.

sky on March 26, 2009, 12:22:13 PM
will iclude her in our prayers
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt
and dance like you do when nobody's watching"

direkpal on July 17, 2009, 09:40:38 AM
update on gerdie's condition:
we had a text conversation yesterday and she says that she is starting radiation therapy for her tumors next week.
hopefully they will shrink her tumors in her kungs and stomach area.

going off-topic a bit - she is thinking of selling her beloved LX (original plum color).
very low mileage, less than 2000 kilometers have been put on it.
comes with a windscreen and rear carrier.
when she comes up with a price, she'll let us know.

meanwhile, let's continue praying for her recovery please.

thank you !!!

euroscoot inc - decade 1

rikkijimenez on July 17, 2009, 12:39:59 PM
Direkpal I just want to share this e-mail I got from a friend of mine. I am not really sure if it's true or not but I think it wouldn't hurt if mobilegerdie tries it.

THE SOUR SOP (Guyabano)

The Sour Sop or the fruit from the graviola tree is a miraculous natural cancer cell killer 10,000 times stronger than Chemo ...

Why are we not aware of this? Its because some big corporation want to make back their money spent on years of research by trying to make a synthetic version of it for sale.

So, since you know it now you can help a friend in need by letting him know or just drink some sour sop juice yourself as a prevention from time to time. The taste is not bad afterall. Its completely natural and definitely has no side effects. If you have the space plant one in your garden. The other parts of the tree are also useful.

The next time you have a fruit juice, ask for a sour sop.

shfoong: guyabano.

Research shows that with extracts from this miraculous tree it now may be possible to....

* Attack cancer safely and effectively with an all-natural therapy that does not cause extreme nausea, weight loss and hair loss
    * Protect your immune system and avoid deadly infections
    * Feel stronger and healthier throughout the course of the treatment
    * Boost your energy and improve your outlook on life

The source of this information is just as stunning: It comes from one of America 's largest drug manufacturers, the fruit of over 20 laboratory tests conducted since the 1970's! What those tests revealed was nothing short of mind numbing... Extracts from the tree were shown to:

* Effectively target and kill malignant cells in 12 types of cancer, including colon, breast, prostate, lung and pancreatic cancer.
    * The tree compounds proved to be up to 10,000 times stronger in slowing the growth of cancer cells than Adriamycin, a commonly used chemotherapeutic drug!
    * What's more, unlike chemotherapy, the compound extracted from the Graviola tree selectively hunts down and kills only cancer cells. It does not harm healthy cells!

The amazing anti-cancer properties of the Graviola tree have been extensively researched--so why haven't you heard anything about it? If Graviola extract is as half as promising as it appears to be--why doesn't every single oncologist at every major hospital insist on using it on all his or her patients?

direkpal on July 17, 2009, 12:53:54 PM
thank you sir.
i'll pass it on to gerdie.

euroscoot inc - decade 1

johos on November 02, 2009, 08:22:33 PM

Our friend (my MSF classmate) Gerdie is selling her photography book collection to finance further medical treatment. It's a very good collection.

http://gerdiefrancisco.com/blog/