VESPA on June 28, 2007, 01:30:36 PM
A lot of Classic PX riders have traded to a modern GT, LX and ET.  Are the Autoscooters better than the classic geared PX?

Personally i like the Vespa PX because of its vintage look and classic feel. I'd love   to own a GT because it has a powerful engine and also for ease of use.

Is the autoscoot realy bettter than our old classic PX?

VESPA PX 150E GREEN 97
VESPA PX 150E RED "Tantrum"
VESPA PX 150E Black "Delirium"
ITALJET DRAGSTER 01
Oldschool Scooter Club, MNL

lex on June 28, 2007, 01:56:06 PM
masarap pa din geared for me... kahit mahirap minsan hehe  :D

(meaning = wala akong pambili ng GT)
hahaha jk

seriously, geared pa din ako... sana may geared na 4 stroke vespa... sarap!

francis on June 28, 2007, 02:01:44 PM
pareho tayo lex. wala pambili automatic e.   ;D

geared pa din for me. I would like to have an automatic pero I'll still keep my geared vespa ;)

spank me on June 28, 2007, 02:26:07 PM
pareho tayo lex. wala pambili automatic e.   ;D

geared pa din for me. I would like to have an automatic pero I'll still keep my geared vespa ;)

chong, if given the chance na katulad nung sakin na pinag agawan ng mga financers sa la union, would you give up your geared vespa?hhhhhmmmmmm
Meliora Eligo!

http://kitton060708.multiply.com/

Mabuhay ang Euroscoot!

bartmaniac on June 28, 2007, 02:29:33 PM
I like the classic look of a Vespa PX that's why I chose it.

If Vespa ever comes out of an automatic with the classic lines, I wouldn't think twice and buy it. Kaso mukang this is unlikely so I'm okay with a geared scoot. I think I'm weird in a way since I couldn't trade the look for convenience/power. ;)
-o-
{
}    blogging about...
  0   Who rides a Vespa?

Anaklupa on June 28, 2007, 02:37:14 PM
I like the classic look of a Vespa PX that's why I chose it.

If Vespa ever comes out of an automatic with the classic lines, I wouldn't think twice and buy it. Kaso mukang this is unlikely so I'm okay with a geared scoot. I think I'm weird in a way since I couldn't trade the look for convenience/power. ;)

Form over function forever!  :)

Ideal kung meron kang isang PX at isang GT.  Best of both worlds.  Budget lang talaga problema.   ;D

Scoot65 on June 28, 2007, 03:08:43 PM
"Personally i like the Vespa PX because of its vintage look and classic feel"

That's my view also. I love the classic style of scooter.

It would be great if we could get a 250cc PX (with gears).

From what I've heard about the GT / GTS,  I'd certainly like the power, liquid cooling etc

Dave.... 8) 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 07:08:27 PM by Scoot65 »
Woolybacks SC

francis on June 28, 2007, 04:44:22 PM
chong, if given the chance na katulad nung sakin na pinag agawan ng mga financers sa la union, would you give up your geared vespa?hhhhhmmmmmm
hahaha! oo nga noh! kaw pa namimili...  ;D

randypogi on June 28, 2007, 04:50:54 PM
when i was planning to buy a vespa at 2211, my priority was an ET4.  there were a yellow PX150 and a pistacio ET4 side by side.  i had a hard time choosing between the two.  classic vs modern, style vs convenience and price etc...so what i did, i closed my eyes for 2 seconds and check which scoot attracts me the best.  5 times ko ata ginawa yun process.  hahahaha... ;D  kahit yellow ang color ng PX150 at muka akong yellow cab delivery, i picked the PX over the ET. everytime i opened my eyes ang nakikita ko was the yellow PX!  :D i had my PX repainted last 2005 having a classic look and theme.  though i recently got an LX150, the LX has the classic look of the PX with its round headlights, IMHO. i will never dispose the PX.  for me, its form over function but its the best of both worlds having a classic and a modern vespa!  ;D   
2Corinthians 5:17

silver2tone on June 28, 2007, 04:57:03 PM
I like the geared PX, there's nothing like it :) I did not travel far with my first PX, but then I went to Mt Data recently on my second PX, sarap pala sa twisties.
Pero yung matic, nice touring bike. Long ride with lotsa straights, bring the automatic, short ride with many twisties, take the PX.
My PX kasi has an Ancilloti seat, not very comfy on long rides, and also sebacs which are stiffer than stock, again not very comfy.

lex on June 28, 2007, 05:07:11 PM
and also sebacs which are stiffer than stock, again not very comfy.

but very nice when cornering, right corrine... ?

rastaman on June 28, 2007, 05:11:31 PM
sarap ng gt pambiyahe..poblema lang baka sa sobra tahimek at comportable baka managinip kana habang nag dridrive.. ;D

cometothinkofit i didnt answer da questionez..hehehe ;D

sushmita (vitto 07) - kaikala (9.1 southpoint)- maryjane (peerless lite)
viva vcop

silver2tone on June 28, 2007, 05:34:30 PM
but very nice when cornering, right corrine... ?
oh yes...:D sarap!

pinascoot on June 28, 2007, 07:15:17 PM
Napaisip ako dito ah! Good topic...

A lot of Classic PX riders have traded to a modern GT, LX and ET.  Are the Autoscooters better than the classic geared PX?

Personally i like the Vespa PX because of its vintage look and classic feel. I'd love   to own a GT because it has a powerful engine and also for ease of use.

Is the autoscoot realy bettter than our old classic PX?

pinascoot on June 28, 2007, 07:39:41 PM
For me Brian's question is very good but will not hold water in 25 or so years since the GT and PX  will be both considered classics (matic or manual). No offense Bri.  :)

My answer to the question though, is pareho lang sila.

In my opinion, the lines of the GT200, save the spaceship looking handlebar and modern rear rack, are classic vespa lines. We see it as a modern shaped vespa pero look at the uncanny legshield and the profile. Classic na classic na vespa!

Baka ito yung model in 50 years na sasabihin ng apo natin na "GT! ...vintage vespa ng lolo ko yan! That was sought after by guys who knew what they wanted ahead of their time back then...." Bla Etc Bla

Is it not we say that now about the GS and other vespa/lambretta old models we see now? They were advance scooters in their time.

I think the GT represents the 'now' of vespa world. The PX too, but the GT looks and  feels like the best new thing that came out of the scootering market. And I am glad to be a part of this new era.  :D

I adore those fully restored vintage scoots we see on the roads now. I sometimes wonder who was the first owner of that cool scoot, why did he choose that model, what was he like, tumatambay kaya sya sa Metrowalk? hihihi …But seriously, us 'now', with our GT's and PX's, we and our scoots are apart of this current scootering moment! The era where autamatic and manual vespa's are seen differently but actually are kind of the same.

In other words, I see the PX and GT are one and the same in shape and form and only differ in terms of the engine configuration.

I like them both. If fact I like them all. From the 40's to the millennium. I love all vespas. Second to only sailing though :)

cheers
edmund