PIETROS PIZZA on June 29, 2007, 08:13:39 AM
I was speaking only as Price Wise/Value wise for an option thats why i went for a PX.

Boo,

not yet. Automatic transmission for the scooters came out later but installed in a PK series with a 2 stroke engine. Then came out with the hexagon, skipper,gileras still on a 2stroke engine, etc. By the late nineties they came out with a new design body and engine for the Vespa like the Ets, LX, and the GTs using a four stroke engine. Enrico Piaggio II naman is still alive riding a PX200.

Daddy D on June 29, 2007, 08:56:50 AM

What's the feedback on the PK 125?  I know this model was not really that popular or at least did not sell that many units.  However, this model seems to be the compromise since it has the classic retro design but is also automatic.

I have a friend who will take a look at a PK 125 tomorrow.  Your comments on this particular model will be appreciated so I could pass these on to him.  Thanks.

johos on June 29, 2007, 09:50:34 AM
Hehehe interesting discussion po.  I would like to own both but my simple lifestyle dictates that I own only just one bike, in this case a Px hindi pa po ako nagsasawa sa Px.  I had my eyes on Lizzie since it was owned by Sonny unfortunately I was too slow as it quickly changed hands.  I share the same POV of Eugene regarding the cost of a brand new GT, the Ilocano in me tells me to wait for some good pre-owned GTs to hit the market. Some say that when you come across an Italian machine the experience is not just visual and tactile but they also appeal to the sense of sound. A Ferrari and a Ducati makes a certain sound that is characteristic only of itself and this is very much the same with a Vespa Px.  Aliw pa po ako sa pot pot pot sound, that 2 stroke scent, the left hand shifting, the vibration, the spare tire...but I'm still buying a GT in time  ;D.

booblanco on June 29, 2007, 10:08:35 AM
now i haven't ridden on a GT, but one thing peculiar when i ride my et, the ride and the engine response reminds me a lot of my px. i've tried other scoots and maxi-scoots, parang iba yung ride nila. i don't know why.

ghost rider - delusions, illusions and other persuasions

Anaklupa on June 29, 2007, 10:11:49 AM
What's the feedback on the PK 125?  I know this model was not really that popular or at least did not sell that many units.  However, this model seems to be the compromise since it has the classic retro design but is also automatic.

I have a friend who will take a look at a PK 125 tomorrow.  Your comments on this particular model will be appreciated so I could pass these on to him.  Thanks.

Ang kupad, pre.

Bayani on June 29, 2007, 11:58:17 AM
To all!

I enjoyed reading your exchanges. I am new here and really would like to own a scoot like what you have now.

Appreciate if you could advice me what is the ideal vespa to own, financial and for keeps consideration.

maraming salamat po

Daddy D on June 29, 2007, 01:08:34 PM
To all!

I enjoyed reading your exchanges. I am new here and really would like to own a scoot like what you have now.

Appreciate if you could advice me what is the ideal vespa to own, financial and for keeps consideration.

maraming salamat po

As this thread has shown, your final choice will really depend on your preferences and priorities.  Better yet, join us during our regular Wednesday get-togethers so that you can see our rides and you can get a better idea on what you finally choose.

Welcome to Vespinoy!  I hope you are not the Bayani who is the topic of the other thread...

direkyey on June 29, 2007, 01:41:54 PM
In my lifetime, I have owned 2 Hexagons, an X9, 2 PX150's, a P200, a PX200 and now, a GT. Each and every scoot had its own quirk. Walang magkapareho. Masarap lahat. Kung kaya lang talaga, itatago ko silang lahat. But, I just can't afford it. I just enjoy the scooter that I have at any given time.

Wala na tayong pinag-usapan about the PXs. The truth about its value appreciating is just phenomenal. If I had the money, I would have kept Pilar. But the truth is, maski gaano ko kagusto magka-PX, my weight just doesn't seem to agree with it.

The Hexagons were fun. Mabilis. Masarap dalhin. But the styling just got dated. Tapos may issues pa about the electricals.

The X9 was, well, the ultimate maxi-scoot. Ang sarap! Pasado sa SLEX. Maganda. Pero yun na yun. After the puzzle rack, wala ka ng magawa sa kaniya. Kung mahilig ka mag lagay ng kung anu-ano, eh, medyo mabobore ka. Then, there's the issue about the instrument cluster. Hay, naku. Masakit sa ulo ito. Mahirap rin hanapan ng gulong at kung makahanap ka naman, mahal at kailangan pa dalhin sa shop para palitan. Mahal rin yung mga consumables like the belt, rollers, etc. Pagdating naman sa biyahe, habang lahat e pagod na, ikaw naman e cool na cool lang because of the comfort it gives.

The GT has been with me for only a month. Lizzie belongs to the first batch of GTs that arrived here in the Philippines. So far so good. Malakas. Masarap dalhin except for the wobble issue. But, is a Vespa and is automatic. Ano pa hihingin mo? The downside is that it doesn't have the resale value of the PX. I'm sure pag dumating na ang GTS and GTV, babagsak na ang presyo nito. A fact that I learned the hard way with my experience with owning modern scooters. Pag dating dito, medyo talo to own a modern scoot.

But as I said, what is important is enjoying what you have for the the time being. Ang importante ay yung ma-enjoy mo yung ride mo. Walang resale value? E kung nasagad mo naman, sulit na yun, di ba? Kung kaya, bilhin mo lahat ng gusto mo. Kung hindi, yun na nga, enjoy and make sure that you and your scoot have the best time together.

Yan naman, e sa tingin ko lang.
Riding a scooter is like eating steak and having sex at the same time. It's wonderful.
-Mikey Teutul/American Chopper

EuroScoot, Inc.

Scars are tattoos with stories to tell - Unknown

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
2012 150 cc. 4T Stella

vexel9 on June 29, 2007, 02:20:58 PM

Welcome to Vespinoy!  I hope you are not the Bayani who is the topic of the other thread...

But then again, hopefully it IS so we can figure out what he was thinking!

As for your question Bayani, i don't think you'll be able to get a definitive answer, geared or automatic. The guys who have extensively tried/owned both geared and automatic vespas might be able to give you some insight but ultimately they will still choose to own both if possible. If asked to choose only one then personal preference really comes into play. The thing with vespas is its really more than just about comfort or practicality or even looks. Its how it makes you feel, the emotion that it elicits from you that matters the most i think. The fact that its also reliable, practical and good looking well, thats just gravy.

As with most things i think the best way to answer your question Bayani is to give a complete description of how you plan to use it before anyone can recommend either a geared or automatic.

Personally i like the gears, whether on a scoot or on a car. I get sleepy with automatics. But then again im a weekend rider at best with ocassional long rides every few months so the PX suits me just fine. However if i rode everyday and i regularly do 400+ km long rides then an LX or GT might be better.

Now if there was a GEARED LX or GT, thats something else!

Here's another related question for everyone.

If you were asked to pick ONE vespa to own and it would be the only one you could own for the rest of your life what would it be?
Vespa Club of the Philippines
       ***VCOP***

pinascoot on June 29, 2007, 02:32:39 PM
Babalik din sila sa PX/Vitto.

I disagree.

jjmichaels on June 29, 2007, 03:32:12 PM

The GT has been with me for only a month. Lizzie belongs to the first batch of GTs that arrived here in the Philippines. So far so good. Malakas. Masarap dalhin except for the wobble issue. But, is a Vespa and is automatic. Ano pa hihingin mo? The downside is that it doesn't have the resale value of the PX. I'm sure pag dumating na ang GTS and GTV, babagsak na ang presyo nito. A fact that I learned the hard way with my experience with owning modern scooters. Pag dating dito, medyo talo to own a modern scoot.

Tama si Yey sa honest opinion nya.

Eto si Gary V.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijIkQO32QMo
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 09:09:13 AM by jjmichaels »
Pacific Summit Construction Group
www.pacificsummitconstruction.com
[email protected]
Legal and Financial Consultant

http://www.vespaclubph.com
Mickey's Delicatessen
http://mickeysdeli.net
http://claycakes.com

silver2tone on June 29, 2007, 04:15:42 PM
Here's another related question for everyone.

If you were asked to pick ONE vespa to own and it would be the only one you could own for the rest of your life what would it be?

The PX pa rin. For me, what jjmichaels posted holds true...babalik pa rin sa PX :).

Can you let me have the luxury of owning TWO (at the same time...because as of last count I have owned 5...right now I have 3 :D)?  The PX and the ET8. Intriguing? But that's how I feel, and that's just me :).

aaron on June 29, 2007, 04:28:28 PM
napa isip ata ako sa topic na to ah ??? :o 8) ;D

idol ko si francis

makoy on June 29, 2007, 04:46:28 PM
ako vitto pa rin. layo ng sagot ko. ahihihi

grimace on June 29, 2007, 05:57:32 PM
napa isip ata ako sa topic na to ah ??? :o 8) ;D

naguguluhan ka na b?  ::) ::)
EuroScoot Inc.

"we don't stop riding because we grow old, we grow old because we stop riding"

idol ko silang tatlo....