Daddy D on August 22, 2006, 06:05:19 PM
Here's what got me started on scooters.  This is a 2005 Yamaha BWS which someone imported from Canada.  Actually, I think they call it a Zuma in the US and Canada.  I've had a similar scooter for a few years, but when I found someone selling this unit with only about 120 kms on the odometer, I had to buy it immediately.

The only accessory that I have added is the windshield.  It's a fun scooter for short trips around the city.

I wonder if there are other BWS fans in this forum.

I'll take a better picture next time.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 06:12:39 PM by DMF 8888 »

booblanco on August 22, 2006, 06:25:29 PM
That's one fine BWS you have there, DMF 8888.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 08:12:23 PM by booblanco »

ghost rider - delusions, illusions and other persuasions

Daddy D on August 22, 2006, 07:14:35 PM

Thanks, booblanco.  Actually, this is what I regularly use on weekends specially when I do not want to get the PX dirty.  Actually, I brought it to Metrowalk one time when there was light rain.  Halata na ayaw mabasa ang Vespa.

direkpal on August 22, 2006, 08:18:23 PM
cute niyan a. ilang cc yan dennis? anong specs?
vespa granturismo sport gts300ie super - bianco bella

euroscoot inc - decade 1

Daddy D on August 22, 2006, 08:23:45 PM

It's only 50cc so medyo bitin sa power and top speed.  In any case, I like the ride very much because of the big tires which gives a very comfortable ride for our typical city streets.

Actually, the BWS units that you generally find here are typically 100cc and these are typically the surplus units from Taiwan.

silver2tone on August 22, 2006, 10:07:15 PM
DMF 8888,
i've always liked the look of the BWS..yours came from Canada pa? the windscreen is cool!
a friend just told me that medyo malakas daw fuel consumption? i think yours is a 50cc and he was talking about a 100cc...

btw,
were you on your white et4 when euna and the others went on a ride to famy? the morning it was raining very hard?

Daddy D on August 23, 2006, 09:32:38 AM

Aside from the Vespa of course, the BWS is a scoot that has a definite appeal.  Yes my unit came from Canada, but I was not the one who imported it.  Both my previous 100cc and the newer 50cc probably average about 25 km/ltr.  The 50cc should somehow consume less, but I guess its usually flat-out acceleration due to the small engine.  The windscreen is something I bought in the States.  I think it does add to the looks of the unit.

I wish I also had an ET4, but that was not me with Euna.

For reference, I'm also attaching a photo of my former 100cc BWS which I sold when I got the 50cc.  This is the typical unit that comes from Taiwan.  You will notice the smaller headlights.  The newer BWS has fantastic headlights that are almost as strong as that of a cage.

ricecooker on October 12, 2006, 08:05:31 AM
ME ME ME!!! i'm a fan of the BWS aka Zuma!!!

have you seen that LYNX knock-off? it looks pretty good..copied the BWS exactly!!!

I've been looking around and have seen some at 28-35k....makes me think :P
'98 PX150E 'June' - gone
'07' Vitto 'Dizzy'

Daddy D on October 12, 2006, 03:15:20 PM

Hi, ricecooker.  Nice to know that you are also a BWS fan.  I've seen a LYNX but did not really get to look at it closely.  I think there is a review of this scoot in one of the local mags. 

What's available for 28-35K?  If its the LYNX, I really suggest you consider the Taiwan-made BWS. 

ricecooker on October 12, 2006, 03:35:35 PM
DMF,

i meant the BWS 2nd hand.  saw some at MCP.

i'm getting in touch with Norkis now and seeing if they have some imported ones.

im also interested in the Yamaha Vox (aka C3 in the U.S.)
'98 PX150E 'June' - gone
'07' Vitto 'Dizzy'

Daddy D on October 12, 2006, 04:18:02 PM

So far, I have not seen any imports of brand-new BWS units.  As far as I know, it is only the surplus units that reach us.

You can also try ACI Scooters in Tayuman.  I think you can find their website as one of the links at MCP.

ricecooker on October 13, 2006, 10:03:29 AM
DMF,

actually i was talking about surplus units :)
'98 PX150E 'June' - gone
'07' Vitto 'Dizzy'

Daddy D on October 13, 2006, 10:09:14 AM

For info, I bought my first BWS (surplus) about 4 years ago for MP44.  I sold it about 5 months ago for MP40.  As far as I know, the buyer has been quite happy with my old unit since I still see him quite often.

My Pepe on October 01, 2008, 09:00:46 AM
Good Morning Sir DMF 8888, or anyone with BWS Experience

Im planning to buy a BWS unit, I saw it first at ACI Tayuman, well Alex went to the states na.
So Jetthol in D. Aquino in Caloocan I think was his partner who went to manage the business, well so much for that.
My 2 part question for the Yamaha BWS:
1 - The Units from Jetthol are obviously from Taiwan, on inspection it looks good, no scratches and things like that. Selling at 40K is it a reasonable price?
2 - I saw also the Tyres are looking like off-road, chunky bits off-road types, meron bang replacement na size for paved/cemented roads? Brand and how much for?

Thank You in advance for the inputs.

Daddy D on October 01, 2008, 09:16:55 AM
Good Morning Sir DMF 8888, or anyone with BWS Experience

Im planning to buy a BWS unit, I saw it first at ACI Tayuman, well Alex went to the states na.
So Jetthol in D. Aquino in Caloocan I think was his partner who went to manage the business, well so much for that.
My 2 part question for the Yamaha BWS:
1 - The Units from Jetthol are obviously from Taiwan, on inspection it looks good, no scratches and things like that. Selling at 40K is it a reasonable price?
2 - I saw also the Tyres are looking like off-road, chunky bits off-road types, meron bang replacement na size for paved/cemented roads? Brand and how much for?

Thank You in advance for the inputs.

I bought my first BWS about 5 years ago for 44k and sold it 3 years later at 40k.  I guess that 40k is the going price for the typical surplus 100 cc unit from Taiwan, however, you might find a good deal from MCP forum at about 30-35k from time to time.  There is a BWS thread in the Scooter forum of MCP.  You might get a lead on someone who is selling.

The standard tires of the BWS are dual-purpose or semi-knobbies.  You can get a street tire, but be warned that the last rear tire that i replaced cost about 2.2k, pero Metz na yan. 

I got my BWS/Zuma ahead of my Vespas.  If you ask me, I will not sell my BWS because it is a good all-around scoot.  Hope this helps.