silver2tone on August 13, 2007, 05:39:27 AM
when i start my LX 150 in the morning, on its centerstand, the rear wheel rotates..vigorously. it eventually slows down but it never really stops, even when i activate the rear brake. it would slowly rotate again.
when i bought the scooter i told the previous owner about this but he was cautioned by the people in Vespa Boston not to fiddle with the idle screw.

as they say, if its not broke then don't fix it di ba? should i then try to adjust the idle? can someone tell me how? like when should i do it, and in what increments?
thanks!

Daddy D on August 13, 2007, 08:16:01 AM

I don't know about the LX, but I had always thought that the rotation of the rear wheel during idling was a function of all automatics.  The vigorous rotation at startup may be due to the automatic choke, if the LX has one.

As for the idling, wait for the engine to reach operating temp before you do any adjustment.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 08:17:49 AM by DMF 8888 »

randypogi on August 13, 2007, 08:28:38 PM
corrine, ganun din LX ko pero hindi mabilis ang rotation ng rear tire. 
2Corinthians 5:17

silver2tone on August 14, 2007, 12:08:41 AM
corrine, ganun din LX ko pero hindi mabilis ang rotation ng rear tire. 
ganun ba? oki. if its too hot in the apartment later..check ko ulit

kalia on August 15, 2007, 03:56:16 PM
Dont know if this will help...Im not a mechanic either but ride a LX150.

Idle Adjustment: (for the LX125 or LX150)
1. Rest the scooter on its center stand and lift the saddle
2. Remove helmet compartment
3. To adjust the idle speed, start the engine, then loose or tighten the idle screw until you reach the idle speed taking care the engine does not make the rear wheel move

* Idle speed must be adjusted when the engine is hot. Before this operation, make sure that the throttle grip has the recommended backlash. If backlash in the throttle control transmission needs adjusting...take the scooter to a Piaggio Dealer/Service Center or your scooter mechanic.  ;D

Good luck!
Proud to be Pinay....and riding a Vespa!

silver2tone on August 15, 2007, 08:38:37 PM
thanks Kaila. will probably do this soon. :D
i'd like to be more careful now, i actually messed up the idling of my ET a while back.