noblewolf on January 20, 2008, 08:54:47 PM
I know there are photography gurus dito tulad nina derekyey at marami pang iba. Photography is a very interesting hobby, only that this interest comes with a cost. Everything does naman e.

Now let's talk about:

1. What camera do you use? (be it a digicam, SLR or DSLR).

2. Why you chose such?

3. To encourage more vespaboys into this hobby, what model can you recommend for entry levels?

4. Maybe a li'l help about terminologies like apperture, focus, etc and what those are for.

5. Maybe a li'l bit of how-to's. Like cleaning the lens or when to use filters and what filters to use.. And also some do's and dont's. And some information of taking care of your equipment.(Makes me remember of a friend with a fungus infected (SGD)$3700+ worth of lens..)

6. Some discussions about using lenses for macro shots maybe or wide angle shots..

7. Maybe posting some of your best shots.  ;D

8. What software do you use to enhance your shots. (commonly Photoshop) And sharing some tips and tricks maybe..

9. And lastly, to make newbies (like me) understand why would you opt for an expensive 6MP DSLR's like Nikon D40 than the regular point-and-shoot, cheaper 10MP digicams.

We all know that taking a picture is as simple as turning your camera on ( even a cameraphone can do lah ;D), focus and hit the shutter and print. But taking a picture that will give the viewers an awe factor and will make them remember your name is a different story..

vestsinoy on January 20, 2008, 09:15:21 PM
like noblewolf...im also curious...and interested

grimace on January 20, 2008, 10:25:17 PM
ako rin :)
EuroScoot Inc.

"we don't stop riding because we grow old, we grow old because we stop riding"

idol ko silang tatlo....

lex on January 20, 2008, 11:08:24 PM
very good thread... interesado din ako sa photography kaso wala pa akong gamit... ang mahal!!... mas mahal pa lens sa camera hahha.. imteresado ako matuto sa DSLRs

dmd316 on January 21, 2008, 04:49:16 AM
hmmmm maganda thread to for newbie like me... :D

Vespa Club Of the Philippines
        *** VCOP ***
http://dmd316.multiply.com/

scootzilla on January 21, 2008, 05:32:25 AM
If you want to start with photography, you dont need to buy a new camera. you can start with what you have. you can get great shots even with a point and shoot camera, its how you use it ika nga..
imho buy a photography book then buy a camera. :)
a vespa rider is a sweet lover . . .

noblewolf on January 21, 2008, 06:28:48 AM
Right.Imagine a 42km long marathon run.2 guys waiting on the red line.one holding a 5mp cybershot phone, the other, maybe a top of the line 21mp canon mark III dslr with a usm wide angle lens(naks!).the dslr guy shot at the correct moment, contrast, sharpness and focus.the dslr guy got otherwise.so no use.having a dslr without skills is nothing.you have to know your controls.having a regular digicam with skills,is also a bit frustrating.you should have done better shot at that split-second moment.amateurs like me also should consider to choose a dslr that they wont outgrow easily.otherwise, after few weeks maybe, you'll be bitten by the upgrade bug.hehehe.

I am considering the canon eos 350d rebel xt as my starter kit..a pre owned one.800 shutter count lng.mura e.hehehe.higher mp.so there's still a room for cropping..another one is the nikon d40 bundled with 2 lenses.they have the same price.need help here to decide.i dont want to venture into a pricey mistake sana like when i bought my first vespa.

direkyey on January 21, 2008, 06:45:06 AM
The key to taing good photographs is composition.

This is a very useful link that discusses just that.

http://www.johnharveyphoto.com/LearnComposition/

Click away, boys!
Riding a scooter is like eating steak and having sex at the same time. It's wonderful.
-Mikey Teutul/American Chopper

EuroScoot, Inc.

Scars are tattoos with stories to tell - Unknown

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
2012 150 cc. 4T Stella

vespasol on January 21, 2008, 08:36:44 AM
I know there are photography gurus dito tulad nina derekyey at marami pang iba. Photography is a very interesting hobby, only that this interest comes with a cost. Everything does naman e.

Now let's talk about:

1. What camera do you use? (be it a digicam, SLR or DSLR).

2. Why you chose such?

3. To encourage more vespaboys into this hobby, what model can you recommend for entry levels?

4. Maybe a li'l help about terminologies like apperture, focus, etc and what those are for.

5. Maybe a li'l bit of how-to's. Like cleaning the lens or when to use filters and what filters to use.. And also some do's and dont's. And some information of taking care of your equipment.(Makes me remember of a friend with a fungus infected (SGD)$3700+ worth of lens..)

6. Some discussions about using lenses for macro shots maybe or wide angle shots..

7. Maybe posting some of your best shots.  ;D

8. What software do you use to enhance your shots. (commonly Photoshop) And sharing some tips and tricks maybe..

9. And lastly, to make newbies (like me) understand why would you opt for an expensive 6MP DSLR's like Nikon D40 than the regular point-and-shoot, cheaper 10MP digicams.

We all know that taking a picture is as simple as turning your camera on ( even a cameraphone can do lah ;D), focus and hit the shutter and print. But taking a picture that will give the viewers an awe factor and will make them remember your name is a different story..

Magandang topic to sir he he he ;D

I'm into photography din. I'm shooting events, weddings, bdays, and fashion, but I have a full time job as a Telecom Engineer   ;)

1. I have Nikon D80 and D50 DSLR and a couple of lenses. I was a Canon user once, but decided to go Nikon for several reasons (hindi ko na sasabihin  8) )

2. For ease of use that makes me concentrate more on composition.

3. For entry level a Nikon D40 will be enough, but for more serious vespaboys a D80 will be a good start. For the rich kids sky is the limit he he he

4. I have several blogs at www.yannigabriel.multiply.com about those terminologies, but my Photography site and where I put  my photos is at www.darwinandres.multiply.com

5. You can check out also what direkyey posted   :D
A little searching on the web will also help.... One general tip: use your camera as often as you can to prevent growth of fungus he he he

6. Mahabang discussion yan ah. I seldom do macro shots, pero yung wide angle sobrang gamit lalo na sa events. The kit lens from your DSLR would be enough for most of your wide angle shots.

7. www.darwinandres.multiply.com

8. Photoshop and Nikon Capture NX..... best trick is, shoot your subject as if you don't need to edit it. Postprocessing should be a last resort   ;)

9. A 10Mpixel point-and-shoot camera has a smaller sensor than a 3Mp DSLR (Canon D30). The sensor of the camera captures the image seen through your lens. You do the math......  ::)
Kaya lang naging 10Mp yun dahil sa software.
A 10Mpixel P&S is almost the same price of a Nikon D40.... so why get a P&S if you can get a DSLR..... not unless you still prefer smaller digicam.
" A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. "  - Confucius

noblewolf on January 21, 2008, 09:46:06 AM
yun na nga e..  ;D.. bat pinili mo nikon kesa canon?  ???

vespasol on January 21, 2008, 10:34:16 AM
hahaha mahabang usapan yan at debate  ;D

I changed to Nikon for several reasons.

I like the color of Nikon better than Canon. I can get the same color using a Canon, but that would make me tweak more on the controls of Canon and would make me pass critical "decisive moment"  ;) ..... but that's just me.

Another thing is the CLS of Nikon. I get better results using the SB's of Nikon than the EX's of Canon. Sa Canon, to be able to use CLS you need to buy the ST-E2 as your commander (roughly 10k). Sa Nikon yung on-board flash niya can be your commander.

i like the flash exposure of Nikon better. It gives me a very good balance  between my flash and my ambient light. Sa Canon I can also do that, but I need to vary my flash exposure more often.

.... All in all mas user friendly si Nikon than si Canon, and mas may punch ang color ni nikon

:D
" A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. "  - Confucius

noblewolf on January 21, 2008, 11:47:04 AM
hayun na.. CLS, ST-E2, SB, EX..commander.. ???

naligaw na ako.. hahaha..  ;D

at least sinabi mo mas user friendly.. yun na yun.. hehehe..naintindihan ko na..  ;D

direkyey on January 21, 2008, 11:55:51 AM
Canon takes images that is closer to what the human eyes see. That's why the colors are not as "punchier" as vespasol mentioned. But I like designing the colors of my images after I have taken them. I don't like the camera deciding for me. But, hey, that's just me.
Riding a scooter is like eating steak and having sex at the same time. It's wonderful.

EuroScoot, Inc.

2012 150 cc. 4T Stella

direkyey on January 21, 2008, 12:02:31 PM
Magandang topic to sir he he he ;D

I'm into photography din. I'm shooting events, weddings, bdays, and fashion, but I have a full time job as a Telecom Engineer   ;)
5. You can check out also what direkyey posted   :D
A little searching on the web will also help.... One general tip: use your camera as often as you can to prevent growth of fungus he he he

Ano kaya ibig sabihin nito? Natatawa siya sa sinabi ko?

8. Photoshop and Nikon Capture NX..... best trick is, shoot your subject as if you don't need to edit it. Postprocessing should be a last resort   ;)

I don't agree with this. If you look up what photography is then you would know that post processing is a part of it.

EuroScoot, Inc.

2012 150 cc. 4T Stella

direkyey on January 21, 2008, 12:13:17 PM
Sana dahan-dahan lang magsalita yung iba dyan. Yung iba kasi nakahawak lang ng camera at nakakuha lang ng events, weddings, bdays, and fashion akala photographer na sila.

Kitakits.

EuroScoot, Inc.

2012 150 cc. 4T Stella