direkyey on January 21, 2008, 12:21:34 PM
hahaha mahabang usapan yan at debate  ;D

I changed to Nikon for several reasons.

I like the color of Nikon better than Canon. I can get the same color using a Canon, but that would make me tweak more on the controls of Canon and would make me pass critical "decisive moment"  ;) ..... but that's just me.

Another thing is the CLS of Nikon. I get better results using the SB's of Nikon than the EX's of Canon. Sa Canon, to be able to use CLS you need to buy the ST-E2 as your commander (roughly 10k). Sa Nikon yung on-board flash niya can be your commander.

i like the flash exposure of Nikon better. It gives me a very good balance  between my flash and my ambient light. Sa Canon I can also do that, but I need to vary my flash exposure more often.

.... All in all mas user friendly si Nikon than si Canon, and mas may punch ang color ni nikon

:D
Magandang topic to sir he he he ;D

I'm into photography din. I'm shooting events, weddings, bdays, and fashion, but I have a full time job as a Telecom Engineer   ;)

1. I have Nikon D80 and D50 DSLR and a couple of lenses. I was a Canon user once, but decided to go Nikon for several reasons (hindi ko na sasabihin  8) )

2. For ease of use that makes me concentrate more on composition.

3. For entry level a Nikon D40 will be enough, but for more serious vespaboys a D80 will be a good start. For the rich kids sky is the limit he he he

4. I have several blogs at www.yannigabriel.multiply.com about those terminologies, but my Photography site and where I put  my photos is at www.darwinandres.multiply.com

5. You can check out also what direkyey posted   :D
A little searching on the web will also help.... One general tip: use your camera as often as you can to prevent growth of fungus he he he

6. Mahabang discussion yan ah. I seldom do macro shots, pero yung wide angle sobrang gamit lalo na sa events. The kit lens from your DSLR would be enough for most of your wide angle shots.

7. www.darwinandres.multiply.com

8. Photoshop and Nikon Capture NX..... best trick is, shoot your subject as if you don't need to edit it. Postprocessing should be a last resort   ;)

9. A 10Mpixel point-and-shoot camera has a smaller sensor than a 3Mp DSLR (Canon D30). The sensor of the camera captures the image seen through your lens. You do the math......  ::)
Kaya lang naging 10Mp yun dahil sa software.
A 10Mpixel P&S is almost the same price of a Nikon D40.... so why get a P&S if you can get a DSLR..... not unless you still prefer smaller digicam.

idol...
Riding a scooter is like eating steak and having sex at the same time. It's wonderful.
-Mikey Teutul/American Chopper

EuroScoot, Inc.

Scars are tattoos with stories to tell - Unknown

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
2012 150 cc. 4T Stella

direkyey on January 21, 2008, 12:33:37 PM
Ansel Adams! Buhay ka pa pala! Welcome to Vespinoy!
Riding a scooter is like eating steak and having sex at the same time. It's wonderful.
-Mikey Teutul/American Chopper

EuroScoot, Inc.

Scars are tattoos with stories to tell - Unknown

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
2012 150 cc. 4T Stella

vesvicoy on January 21, 2008, 02:04:27 PM
wow nice thread...

i'm also interested in photography. ang mahal kang ng gamit. my sister in law gave me a P&S. it's a low end minolta but anyway, dami kong experiments on how to shoot.

noblewolf, dami mo na talagang dollars ha. di ka na namin mareach. when will you go here in baguio? miss ka na ng baguio boys.
1999 piaggio vespa px150e
"I C E"

noblewolf on January 21, 2008, 03:16:09 PM
hmmnn.. it's getting hot in here.. :o.. awat na.. hehehe..

thank you very much on the link that you shared direkyey.. very informative.. before, if i look at a picture, i just look at it and interpret what the picture looks like, parang.. "ahh, okay, it's a building." or "hmmnn, its a mountain.."hehehe. now after reading the website, it gave me a broader perspective not just how the picture looks like. but also understanding the features the picture has. and understanding what the photographer has in mind to end up with such! interesting!

vicoy, hehehe.. hindi naman ako bibili ng bago dahil talagang mahal e.. bibilhin ko yung napaglumaan ng iba para at least i can experience the feel of using a decent digicam. malay mo, sooner or later matuto ako magpiktyur e pwede na ako magtinda ng kalendaryo sa quiapo. hahaha.. all along puro cameraphone lang kasi gamit ko e.. hahaha... balik ako baguio after ng project ko sa maldives habang hinihintay ko kung saan na naman ako ibabalibag ng boss ko. hahaha..

vespasol on January 21, 2008, 04:58:13 PM
I was just quoting the questions of noblewolf. I was just trying to answer diligently the questions of noblewolf hoping I can help him in anyway.

There has been a great debate in a lot of Photography forums about what camera to use and which brand is better. I don't say that Nikon is better than Canon. It's just too biased. I always say na "para sa akin, mas gusto ko ang Nikon" It's my own opinion. Kung gusto nila mag Canon so be it. I've posted to alot of photography forums like DPP, PhPhoto, PH-Photo, Flickr, etc. about this issue and the people there took it positively. Several photographers I know even thanked me for giving them insights about Nikon and they gladly switched to Nikon. I'm not connected with Nikon in any way or whatsoever. I just want to help noblewolf about his questions. I believe my 14 years experience in photography will be enough to answer some of his questions.

Ganito pala sa Vespinoy.......

Ciao!

" A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. "  - Confucius

vespasol on January 21, 2008, 05:29:20 PM
Ano kaya ibig sabihin nito? Natatawa siya sa sinabi ko?

I don't agree with this. If you look up what photography is then you would know that post processing is a part of it.

Sir hindi po ako natawa sa sinabi niyo. Hindi ko alam na ibig sabihin pala niyang icon na yan pinagtatawanan kita. 

Yes sir, I know that post processing is a part of photography. It's just my own opinion. I know you do films and videos and most bulk of it's work is on the postprocessing. On the contrary I shoot events, I don't have the luxury of editing photos close to 1,000 shots and handing it over to the client. Kaya sa aking opinion "shoot as if you don't need to post process the photos"

Different Archer, different arrow.

Peace!

" A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. "  - Confucius

vespacquiao on January 21, 2008, 05:56:49 PM
well said sir vespasol! just like a 1-2 combination ;) :D

cheers!

dmd316 on January 21, 2008, 08:05:56 PM
o para may breaker naman... my G9 in macro mode ( subok lang! )

Vespa Club Of the Philippines
        *** VCOP ***
http://dmd316.multiply.com/

vespinoy on January 21, 2008, 08:25:30 PM
i believe it's really just a case of misunderstanding....i've spoken with yey about this and mentioned to him that the emoticon is the default smiley of the forum, which, in all honesty is a bit, hehe, nakakaasar, hey but that's the software eh, la akong magagawa.

with regards to the ganito pala sa vespinoy quip, please do not generalize your experience based on one unfortunate incident.  A lot of people have worked hard to make the Vespinoy community what it is now, and that includes all of us here.  I may have started this forum but it is all of you who have breathed life and kept it alive.

So please stop the bickering na.

And to that someone with the multiple accounts,  please do not be surprised to see all your accounts deleted or locked.
"I didn't get a harrumph outta that guy."
"Give the governor a harrumph."
"Harrumph!"

vespacquiao on January 21, 2008, 08:37:42 PM
so... is that it tsip? he decided to violently attack vespasol over an "emoticon"?

is that what your saying mr. admin moderator? and why are you going to delete my accounts? do you want to pacify the truth?

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS MY FRIEND?

remember bimbo... I LAB U, AND I WILL DO YOU NO HARM...

pis awt!

BASAG!!!!

kitakit sa roundups!

vespasol on January 21, 2008, 08:42:09 PM
Tama na raw sabi ni Sir Moderator.

Ok na yun... Na miss understood lang daw. I don't take it seriously naman kasi Vespa forum 'to hindi Photography forum.

Thanks Vespacquiao...... hindi na nga ako gagamit ng emoticon.

I'll PM you Vespinoy.

noblewolf on January 22, 2008, 10:39:17 AM
guys, i started this thread thinking that this will be a very exciting and interesting topic to talk about. also, for the newbies like me to learn something about this wonderful world of photography. how to capture a memory perfectly.. memories just happen in a glimpse and it's up to you how well you preserve it. but something is not right around here.. i did not start this thread to figure out who's the best photographer in here. if you think you are the best photographer around, all we need is from you is to share something to us newbies. if we can make it a fantastic learning thread, ang ganda nun! yun ay kung pwede.. kung hindi, okay lang din..magkwentuhan na lang tayo.. ;D.. but the superiority and inferiority amongst us when it comes to skills and experience, who's the best, who's not.. well, we dont need to know, thank you very much. we dont need sarcasms either.

please.. get your feet back on the same ground and...

... magkwentuhan tayo.. ;D ;D ;D

noblewolf on January 22, 2008, 10:52:31 AM
btw, that is a very nice macro shot dmd! ganda ng center-weighted color detail! hmmnn.. kelan kaya ako magkakaroon ng skills ng tulad sa'yo.. hehehe

im playing around the settings of my D40x and i came out with these first few shots.. any comments on these.. please lemme know.. it's my first experience ever to push a DSLR's shutter button anyway..  ;D ;D ;D

here is a view from the 20th floor of our block.. got a very fascinating horizon..

here is a shot in the carpark driveway right in front of my flat.. i like the color composition and the hue...

noblewolf on January 22, 2008, 11:00:50 AM
hehehe..paano na nga ba mag-attach? hehehe

subok ulit..

1st shot:

2nd shot:

paayos naman po mod.. sori.. hehehe

vestsinoy on January 22, 2008, 11:05:50 AM
nice..click na lang ng click ;)