amber on January 22, 2008, 05:12:00 PM
Pangulit lang. :)

noblewolf on January 23, 2008, 01:54:26 PM
galeng naman! sana lang wala yung window sa likod para mas maganda yung detail ng shades and shadows.. keep it coming guys!

teka nga pala.. mga sirs.. anu gamit ng filter? sabi nung attendant nung cam shop kanina mas maganda sa cam daw pag may filter.. tumingin naman ako ng catalog nya sandamakmak na filter ang andun.. i usually do outdoor shots in broad daylight and night shots, anu filter ang mas babagay kaya? i hope somebody can post which filter to use on which environment, when and when not to use a filter or is it really good to have the filter attached all the time?

im sorry for being so inquisitive... ;D

wolfman on January 23, 2008, 02:41:12 PM
filters... hmmm... complicated yan.  there are filters for colors and then the all popular polarizing filter.  me, i only have the uv filter.  basic protection lang for the lens.  and cheapest of the filters.  wanted to get the uv but its like 3k up.  great for outdoors though. 

noblewolf on January 23, 2008, 04:29:04 PM
i just got one.. bought it at $85.. is it necessary to have the filter installed all the time? or there are some instances na mas maganda pag walang filter?

wolfman on January 23, 2008, 04:50:02 PM
i just got one.. bought it at $85.. is it necessary to have the filter installed all the time? or there are some instances na mas maganda pag walang filter?

hehehe.  best to ask the longtime users here on that one.  i was advised though to get at least a uv filter (around P300 in hidalgo. or was it P150?) to at least protect my lens from dust or the occasional fingerprint. 

noblewolf on January 23, 2008, 05:07:24 PM
uy mura ah.. is that the glass or the plastic? ang problema nga yung mga gurus natin dito e hindi na umiimik e..  ;D

Anaklupa on January 23, 2008, 05:38:48 PM
uy mura ah.. is that the glass or the plastic? ang problema nga yung mga gurus natin dito e hindi na umiimik e..  ;D

one filter... a circular polarizer is a good investment.

minggoy on January 25, 2008, 11:42:56 PM
hi noblewolf congratulations you finally decided on getting the nikon d40x.
im also a nikon user i presently have a d50 and a d40. i picked the nikon system  because i have old nikon lenses which i can use for the d50. But if i  had a choice i would use leicas hehehe

im just a hobbiest and not formally trained, the things ive learned (konti pa lang) ive learned thru the internet, photo magazines and from friends. one nice thing about digital photography is you can just shoot and shoot and practice a lot without spending on film. I guess now is the new golden age of photography, almost everybody has a camera now either it be a point or shoot , dslr or even a phone cam.

Before buying lenses and other paraphernalia for my cam i asked my relative  who has a shop in hidalgo what should i buy... he answered my question by asking me a question.... ano ba gusto mo kunan???

well in my case i like to shoot pics of my family, travel, food  and vespas and lambrettas  with the occassional short and long rides. so my usual gear is basically bare. during rides i only bring the kit lens and a cheap tripod this is because during rides mabilisan ang pag shoot. you just stop for a while... open the glove box... get the camera ... shoot.. put the camera back inside the box.. then hataw na and try to keep up with the other riders less you get lost by the pack. bugbog talaga ang cam pag ganito so i just leave my other lenses.  i hope to buy a gorilla pod soon (kasyang kasya sa topbox) so i dont have to bring the big tripod.  Ikaw what do you want to shoot??  ;)

we are lucky to have very good photographers amongst us  now na mahilig rin sa vespas so we can see more of good photographs of our beloves scoots... one of my idols which i can say is one of the best photograpers in the world is a vespinoy... si matanglawin... you should see his pics.  galing.

so enjoy the hobby and please do learn post processing... kaka addict once you get the hang of it. and also since destino ka sa maldives get yourself certified (padi or naui). you'll miss one third of your life if you dont see the beauty under the sea.

kap
Vespa Px150e
Lambretta Li150 Special S3

Vespa Club of the Philippines
               VCOP

noblewolf on January 26, 2008, 11:37:46 AM
thanks a lot minggoy, so far i've been using photoshop for more than 5 years way back when i still have a gift shop before. pero ngayon lang ako nahumaling sa photography. i would like to shoot macros, outdoor/landscape and of course very common ang portrait.. hehehe

@ vespasol, btw, thanks a lot for all your pm's. i learned a lot.. hehehe.. dalawang tulog na lang..

lex on January 26, 2008, 01:46:04 PM
ang ganda ng mga kuha nyo.. ang complicated pa din para sakin ng photography.. pero aaralin ko din yan someday... tama yung sinabi ng isang forumer, pick a book first before a camera... aralin mo muna para hindi ka magsisi.. 

nakagamit ako nung canon 400d, na may kasama nang zoom lens sa package... ang napansin ko, bitin yung flash sa low light, so gastos ka na naman sa flash unit, tapos kailangan mo din palitan yung lens na puedeng mas maraming light ang pumasok... eh kung mga ganung lens mas mahal pa sa camera diba? hehe ANG GASTOS! haha..

May point ang shoot na may manual settings diba?  ano yung Canon na ganun? yung medyo ok na yung manual settings... mga G series ba yun?

ryan on January 26, 2008, 02:11:48 PM
Yes, although I'm not really a photography hobbyist, I notice sobrang laking difference pag may external flash ka.

Right now I'm using a Nikon D80 + 18-200mm VR lens and main purpose ko before was to take pics of my kids (di ko mahabol sa p&s cam e hehe) and some of my products. Kaso wala pa akong external flash cuz medyo tinatamad me to invest more on cameras hehe

Btw, also check out the new Canon 40D , malupit sya. I just played around with a friend's (with Sigma 18-200mm lens) last Xmas and its a but better camera than my D80 I think. Kaso lang mabigat ren sya!

noblewolf on January 27, 2008, 08:57:15 PM
ang ganda ng mga kuha nyo.. ang complicated pa din para sakin ng photography.. pero aaralin ko din yan someday... tama yung sinabi ng isang forumer, pick a book first before a camera... aralin mo muna para hindi ka magsisi.. 

nakagamit ako nung canon 400d, na may kasama nang zoom lens sa package... ang napansin ko, bitin yung flash sa low light, so gastos ka na naman sa flash unit, tapos kailangan mo din palitan yung lens na puedeng mas maraming light ang pumasok... eh kung mga ganung lens mas mahal pa sa camera diba? hehe ANG GASTOS! haha..

May point ang shoot na may manual settings diba?  ano yung Canon na ganun? yung medyo ok na yung manual settings... mga G series ba yun?

pag gagamit ng on-board flash sa low light, set to higher ISO, maybe 800, dapat yung slow sync yung flash setting para even yung bightness at slow shutter speed para makagrab ng enough exposure. i've been experimenting of how to use the flash effectively pero medyo mahirap nung una. you have to calculate the aperture opening depending of the guide number and ISO settings:

aperture opening = guide number/distance of the subject from focal point(ft) and at the shutter speed of 1/(ISO setting).

these are the other considerations you have to be aware of. the subject must be infront of a background object para ma-reach pa ng flash yung background object bago mag-close yung shutter curtain. you also need to tweak the exposure settings. otherwise, it might end up the subject overexposed with a very dark background.

i found this techniques quite effective.  ;D

what i did is, i took some shots.. a lot.. under different lighting conditions, different times of the day, indoor and outdoor and what nots. every shot have all their settings recorded.. and compiled. this will be very useful on a newbie like me.

vestsinoy on January 29, 2008, 11:44:42 AM
http://www.charlierose.com/shows/2000/07/06/2/a-conversation-with-henri-cartier-bresson

An interview with Henri Cartier Bresson by Charlie Rose, hailed as the greatest photographer of the 20th century.

medyo mahaba baka antukin kayo...but insightful :)

lex on January 29, 2008, 12:17:02 PM
Thank Noblewolf! .. susubukan ko nga yun! ...

noblewolf on January 31, 2008, 12:18:07 PM
No prob lex. Natutunan ko rin yan sa mentor ko..

Hehehe, thanks vespasol.. dami ko natutunan sa mga link na binigay mo.. okay heto na, share ko lang..

Male, Maldives early monday morning..

Male on the background.

Reaching Male Airport

Another shot..

One more..

Taking a break under a coconut tree.. Vespasol, familiar noh? hehehe