silver2tone on March 14, 2008, 01:46:04 AM
huh? wala ba? parang emperor's new clothes! kasi nakikita ko..
again

noblewolf on March 14, 2008, 11:00:19 AM
whoa! yann na ba yung g9? talo pa ata nyan ang kit lens ko when it comes to macro shots. nice one mam.. ganda ng bokeh sa background and foreground...

silver2tone on March 14, 2008, 08:17:19 PM
thanks noblewolf..thats my powershot s2is. malupit kasi zoom 12x..yung g9 6x lang. wala lang akong magawa sa office kaya yaaan

kartman on March 16, 2008, 09:19:21 PM
kartman,
thanks for your opinion of the G9, i've been seriously looking at it, most especially since its price has gone down. i am initimidated by the size of the digital slrs, i'm so lazy kasi to bring them around although i know that at some point in time i have to get one.

thanks corinne.

you won't be disappointed in the G9.  you can operate it in full-auto point-and-shoot mode or go full-manual and experiment with settings.  it's a great walkaround camera.  there are some accessories for it, in case you need more out of it.  check out www.lensmateonline.com

kartman on March 16, 2008, 09:21:10 PM
@ noblewolf and doomzday,

thanks for the praises, guys.  much appreciated.

kartman on March 16, 2008, 09:24:16 PM
sige na nga, i'll order na my canon g9...may i ask how much it cost you dmd316 and kartman?

and one other question...would it work well for people photos...the kind where people don't wear anything?  ??? seriously...hehehe

i got mine from amazon.com when i was in the states last november.  converted to pesos, wala pang 20t.
and while you're at amazon, hanapin mo yung deal on 2gb sd cards na retail pack. $14 lang ang isa! kingston pa.  great buy!

good luck!

oh and yes, maganda siyang pang portraiture.  just make sure you have a tripod.  don't ask me why  ;D

kartman on March 16, 2008, 09:29:07 PM
kap which one is better the g9 or si5s ba yun????
balak kasi ng wife ko to take up basic photo,san kaya may school???

both are equally capable of great shots.

yung s5is just has better zoom capabilities. 12x zoom. drawback is a larger package.  it's like carrying a mini dslr because of the external lens housing. still a great cam though.  i gave my brother one for christmas while i kept the G9 for myself. :D

minggoy on March 16, 2008, 11:34:59 PM
kartman 20k is  a good price for the g9, ive read in the other forum that at hidalgo the prevailing price is 25.5k for local warranty units and about 21k for store warranty units.
Vespa Px150e
Lambretta Li150 Special S3

Vespa Club of the Philippines
               VCOP

minggoy on March 16, 2008, 11:59:18 PM
lately ive been studying adobe lightroom, i found its editing tools much  easier to use  than photoshop. try to learn it guys. its worth it.

here are some samples of the shoot i will submit to our parish. this was taken last week during our annual parish station of the cross.

Vespa Px150e

VCOP

minggoy on March 17, 2008, 12:14:20 AM
heres some more shots from this set. i used adobe lightroom to process the pictures

i like to shoot flagellation scenes during this holy week. san kaya meron malapit sa metro manila?
Vespa Px150e

VCOP

minggoy on March 17, 2008, 12:15:24 AM
Vespa Px150e

VCOP

minggoy on March 17, 2008, 12:18:16 AM
ooops sorry doble doble pictures was trying to post other pics pero yun ang lumalabas. you can see some more at my flickr account. thanks guys
Vespa Px150e

VCOP

silver2tone on March 17, 2008, 12:58:42 AM
plus one on what kartman said on the size of the s series. malaki, but the zoom, wow! see my calculator hehehe.

i'm going to get a G9, just because it's such a great deal here.

minggoy,
nice shots! i remember spending holy week in Marinduque where the Moriones are. That's a great place to take photos!

noblewolf on March 17, 2008, 02:11:58 AM
great shots kap! galeng!

silver2tone on March 17, 2008, 02:48:26 AM
noblewolf,
i didnt know what bokeh was and had to look it up!