Daddy D on March 17, 2008, 05:38:42 AM
kartman 20k is  a good price for the g9, ive read in the other forum that at hidalgo the prevailing price is 25.5k for local warranty units and about 21k for store warranty units.

my wife recently bought a G9 in Japan for about P17k.

bhong08 on March 17, 2008, 09:34:44 AM
both are equally capable of great shots.

yung s5is just has better zoom capabilities. 12x zoom. drawback is a larger package.  it's like carrying a mini dslr because of the external lens housing. still a great cam though.  i gave my brother one for christmas while i kept the G9 for myself. :D

thanks kartman at least now,its not a toast between the two,i will go for the g9
mura kaya sa singa or hk????
"Di bale ng tamad wag lang pagod"

noblewolf on March 17, 2008, 01:22:22 PM
mam corrine, looked it up in wikipedia and found this.

Bokeh (from the Japanese boke ぼけ, "blur") is a photographic term referring to the appearance of out-of-focus areas in an image produced by a camera lens.[1] Different lens bokeh produces different aesthetic qualities in out-of-focus backgrounds, which are often used to reduce distractions and emphasize the primary subject.

By the way, the bigger the aperture (smaller f-count, say f/1.2), the deeper the depth of field (background blur). Bokeh on a photo shot below was taken with a 85mm lens and 70mm aperture, which corresponds to f/1.2

;D

definition and photo courtesy of http://en.wikipedia.org

kartman on March 17, 2008, 06:15:49 PM
my wife recently bought a G9 in Japan for about P17k.

wow, great deal!  congrats to the wifey  :D

silver2tone on March 17, 2008, 08:38:39 PM
i am loving the color accent feature of my canon powershot s2. i'll order the g9 soon.

btw, Worcester (pronounced Woostah, and even Wistah by locals) is called diner city because of these diners that abound.

Daddy D on March 17, 2008, 10:49:50 PM
wow, great deal!  congrats to the wifey  :D

hehe, if was actually a pasalubong for my son.  Now I am interested to borrow it from my son.

noblewolf on March 18, 2008, 03:23:04 AM
aaarrrgghh!! mam corrine ang ganda naman nyan!  :o :o ang galing mo mag-frame! may post processing ba yan or straight from your cam? nostalgic ang dating! keep it coming!

silver2tone on March 18, 2008, 03:26:11 AM
i just used the color accent mode, but did not crop, wala na ko time today.
i had better shots i think but it was ruined by a drop of water on my lens! it was drizzling kasi.
thanks to your thread i'm taking pics again..with or without that G9!
*tried to purchase online today tapos i found out wala palang battery yung binebenta nila kainis!

noblewolf on March 18, 2008, 03:32:10 AM
kaya pala buhay na buhay ang yellow sa picture. save ko ha? hehehe.. cropping lang naman ng konti sa kalsada.. pero yung girders wag. kasi ang ganda nung shades ng diagonal members. a li'l bit of vignetting effects siguro, pwede na pang-exhibit! kala ko nga kusa na lang mamamatay tong thread ko na ito at makakalimutan na over time.. buti na lang nabuhay ulit.. and it's your turn this time! shoot lang ng shoot!  ;D

dmd316 on March 18, 2008, 04:51:12 AM
cool shot mam corinne! favorite ko rin yan color accent mode, it gives more character sa mga shots ko...

@ noblewolf, sir thanks for taking time for posting " BOKEH" definition... alam ko na ngayon siya!!!he he he

keep it coming guys... nakakainspire yun mga pictures nyo!!!

cheers,

enjo
Vespa Club Of the Philippines
        *** VCOP ***
http://dmd316.multiply.com/

kartman on March 18, 2008, 07:33:13 PM
hehe, if was actually a pasalubong for my son.  Now I am interested to borrow it from my son.

hehehe bilhan mo nalang ng psp ang anak mo. sabihin mo swap kayo :D
i am loving the color accent feature of my canon powershot s2. i'll order the g9 soon.

love the shot, corinne!  i actually never tried the color accent mode of the G9. masubukan nga...

silver2tone on March 18, 2008, 09:18:39 PM
thanks kartman. yup try it out..it has even a weird feature that you can interchange colors of objects in your image before you take the shot.
i hope i can find a decent seller of the G9. dito kasi maraming raket. they'll put a nice price on their website then they'll call you at aalukin ka ng kung anu ano na di mo kailangan and then the seller i got yesterday (G9 was only $319) said..okay this one doesn't have the battery and the charger and i'll just give it to you for $129. if i took it, it would have been the same cost as in best buy or circuit city. kakainis.

noblewolf on March 18, 2008, 09:29:35 PM
..ganyan na ganyan din naman sa sim lim sa singapore. mura nga pero pag babayaran mo na hindi pala kasama ang baterya, hindi kasama ang charger, strap etc.. at hindi rin kasama ang GST! which will end up na mas mura pala dun sa ibang shops na napuntahan mo na.

@dmd316, no problem bro.. i have a book here 386-page digital photography for dummies in pdf format and in full color.. baka gusto nyo ng copy. i'll be more than happy to share. you know the drill..

minggoy on March 18, 2008, 09:40:32 PM
noble bad trip nga sa sim lim .. nakaaway ko tindero hehehe
Vespa Px150e
Lambretta Li150 Special S3

Vespa Club of the Philippines
               VCOP

silver2tone on March 18, 2008, 09:48:00 PM
@dmd316, no problem bro.. i have a book here 386-page digital photography for dummies in pdf format and in full color.. baka gusto nyo ng copy. i'll be more than happy to share. you know the drill..

ako i want..i don't know the drill though :) PM me na lang hehehe