vespinoy on April 20, 2010, 08:33:02 AM
i finally invested in a good camera to replace our canon sd750 which has been of good service to us for the past 3 years.  i also decided to stay away from the DSLR craze since tanggap ko na na di ako photographer and whatever camera i buy i will always take crappy pictures hehe.

we finally decided on the Sony Cybershot TX5 para all weather fun so we can take pics and vids of the kids wherever we go.

i'll try to post some shots once i download the photos. nasa camera pa lahat eh.

what's neat about it is it you can use both sony memory stick duo and standard SD cards with the camera.  galing!!
"I didn't get a harrumph outta that guy."
"Give the governor a harrumph."
"Harrumph!"

silver2tone on April 20, 2010, 08:39:51 AM

we finally decided on the Sony Cybershot TX5 para all weather fun so we can take pics and vids of the kids wherever we go.

what's neat about it is it you can use both sony memory stick duo and standard SD cards with the camera.  galing!!

choice of camera talaga depends on the lifestyle (all weather, etc) and SD cards in Sony cameras is a new feature. Ok yan!

doomzday on April 20, 2010, 08:57:17 AM
i also decided to stay away from the DSLR craze since tanggap ko na na di ako photographer

mismo !!!  it's one thing appreciating nice pics and it's another thing producing one.  hahahaha

cuakks on April 20, 2010, 11:09:42 AM
Hey Corrine How much naman yang GF-1 nabili mo.  :)

GF-1  Girl Friend No. 1..ibang klase ka talaga C...bwehehe  :D
2006 LX150 aka 'LeXie'
1998 PX150 aka 'PreXila'
1964 VBB150 aka 'Veronica'
"Vespa is not just a scooter its a lifestyle"

Italix on April 20, 2010, 02:12:33 PM
nice pictures, c.
questions from one looking to buy:
is it better than a G10/G11?
does it still have a viewfinder, or you'll have to rely on the LCD screen entirely?

i want a camera with point-and-shoot convenience and the flexibility of manual control but without the bulk of a DSLR kasi.

any suggestions from the peanut gallery?  ;D

Pal, the GF1 is considered as a small body/portable DSLR.  It has inter-changeable lenses, so if you are not careful, you may end up buying more and more lenses and accessories over time.  It has the portability of a P&S compact camera and the flexibility of a DSLR.  Best of both worlds, ika nga. Since it is a new body though, range of lenses available for it is still limited compared to the standard sized DSLRs.

Canon G10 or G11 is a pretty good buy.  It is robust, has a wider lens now than its Powershot G series predecessors, G11 has faster ASA settings up to 3200 but noise starts at ASA 800, and is very user friendly.  It is a point and shoot camera, but has manual and RAW features as well, as well as a lot of built in image tricks.

wolfman on April 20, 2010, 03:41:00 PM
i think the term for the GF1 (and the olympus PEN - drool) is micro 4/3rds.  tama is italix.  best of both worlds.  interchangable lenses of dslrs but with the pocketability of a p&s.  panalo na yung g11.  or if you want something a little cheaper, try the canon s90 or the lumix lx3 which have been talked about in the thread previously.  they're among the best p&s cameras you can buy.
kung ako may extra, i'd get pa the olympus pen.  super old school look and lots of available lenses pa.  yun nga lang walang built in flash like the gf1.  that said, inggit ako kay ma'am corrine.  :)

bosero on April 20, 2010, 04:05:25 PM
very classic looking GF1...  looks like panasonic is catching up with the "looks" of G series ng canon...  mahirap tapatan ng canon ang interchangeable lens and their DSLR market might be shaken up.

what is interesting is the "look", sa dami na ang pagpipilian ang P&S ngayon, this classic look of GF1 is promising.  can be handy and not intimidating compared to SLR...  can be targeted to male or female market.  unlike the ealier look of the P&S parang pam babae ang dating para sa akin.  i guess, male hormone will always be after for something big and heavy.  :D

google alex majoli, when he was embedded during iraq war, olympus P&S lang ang gamit nya ang this created a lot of buzz!  his photos were explosive.  sa bigat ba naman ng SLR, baka di ka makailag sa scud missile!  :D

keep shooting!
https://www.facebook.com/tops.marin

- i ride a VESPA! and i call her ALICIA! -

direkpal on April 20, 2010, 04:23:31 PM
thanks for the tips my friends  ;D
vespa granturismo sport gts300ie super - bianco bella

euroscoot inc - decade 1

vespene gas on April 22, 2010, 06:09:03 AM
congrats mam C. you still bought a DSLR. it's a micro 4/3rds. maganda rin yung version ng Oly.. parang yung classic Pen series nila.

pwede kang bumili ng adapter nyan para magamit mo yung mga normal na 4/3rd lenses (MMF-1 adapter) at yung mga classic OM lenses (MF-2 adapter).

may mga bagong lente na lalabas para sa micro: 18-36mm f4-5.6 and 28-300mm f4-5.6
can you find it in your heart.. to show little pity.. and help me get away from this.. sufferin' city?

silver2tone on April 22, 2010, 06:34:12 AM
Gastos yan!!! btw, canon texted me, gawa na daw g9 ko. Kung kelan naman nakabili na ko ng gf1 nyehehe. Btw, anong nice case for compacts?

vespinoy on April 22, 2010, 07:06:44 AM
C gamit ko yung mga Golla na pouch na nabibili sa greenhills. 
"I didn't get a harrumph outta that guy."
"Give the governor a harrumph."
"Harrumph!"

silver2tone on April 22, 2010, 09:29:30 AM
C gamit ko yung mga Golla na pouch na nabibili sa greenhills. 
hmmm ok will check those out. thanks!

direkpal on April 22, 2010, 09:44:15 AM
agree ako sa mga golla na pouch.
maganda, matibay.
vespa granturismo sport gts300ie super - bianco bella

euroscoot inc - decade 1

Italix on April 22, 2010, 01:27:19 PM
congrats mam C. you still bought a DSLR. it's a micro 4/3rds. maganda rin yung version ng Oly.. parang yung classic Pen series nila.

pwede kang bumili ng adapter nyan para magamit mo yung mga normal na 4/3rd lenses (MMF-1 adapter) at yung mga classic OM lenses (MF-2 adapter).

may mga bagong lente na lalabas para sa micro: 18-36mm f4-5.6 and 28-300mm f4-5.6

A friend of mine had this Oly strapped around his neck, and I thought it was a classic film rangefinder.  Until I saw the viewfinder screen at the back. Ganda talaga ng retro design nito.

scootzilla on April 22, 2010, 10:04:20 PM
i know someone who still uses his pen FT for color and black/white film, and still delivers impressive results.. nag hahanap nga ako eh  :D
a vespa rider is a sweet lover . . .