Ben Dover on March 22, 2008, 04:58:41 PM
Stumbled upon these pictures of the Vespa GTV 250ie on the net.. Nakakapanghina.. Bat kasi ako pinanganak na mahirap.. :'( :'( :'(

At first, Im not quite satisfied with the color. Im a fan of black and chrome kasi. But that's just me. Parang primer lang e.. Looks like the bike is painted halfway done.  ;D .. and color availability is only this color and the portofino green. But upon learning that all of the flagship vespas since 1950's are painted with this color, habang tumatagal, lalo pala syang gumaganda...for sure it will still look nice with chromes. Simply put, it is still the same vespa we love, but this time... in all-in-one package.

This is the most legendary 2wheeler of all time that resembles the functions and looks of the 1950's to 1960's vespa. The handle bar style from the 1953 Vespa Handlebar. The fender mounted headlight still from the very first Vespa prototype in the '40s, headlight moved up by the handlebars in the '50s and moved back to the fender on this very special vintage model. The same wasp look, saddle seats from the vintage vespas, but now with hand crafted tuscan genuine leathers (isn't it that Ferraris also come with hand crafted leather seats?). Vintage paint finish that they call Aeronautic Grey way before we were born. Now its called Avio Grey..

But now it embraces the latest available technology that mankind currently have.

among others were..

• 250cc four-valve
• liquid-cooled engine with electronic injection
• 3-way catalytic converter
• lambda sensor (although i dont know what's this for ;D)
• digital dashboard
• key immobiliser
• double rear shock absorber
• 12" wheels stopped by two disk brakes

...and a lot more!

...this is indeed the best bike that money can buy!

Teka.. how much nga pala ito? (...holding on to my seat now!)

gaboh on March 22, 2008, 05:22:51 PM
dream bike ko to :)

Ben Dover on March 22, 2008, 05:25:57 PM
Ako din.. dream bike ko din!  ;D

... a lot of people sure will say "At that price, you can buy a good condition second hand Yamaha R1!", "Bah! bili na lang ako kotse!", "Pwede ka na bumili ng apat na PX sa price na yan! Use one that best suits the color of your Lacoste shirt on a certain day!".. and a lot more..

... but then again, those people lost the essence why you want to buy such a bike. It's not just a bike, it is somethin that represents an Italian art in our lifetime that will soon be treated as a collector's item and will be seen in museums.., hehehe.. maybe few decades from now. How does it feels like knowing finest italian leather craftsmen prick their hands just to come up with a masterpiece to catch you a$s while riding? Look, every year, a new super bike is unleashed. Every year, a new car model is launched. Time will come that your car or your superbike can turn heads no more. But this one?

When do you think will it go out of style?

Answer?

...IT WONT.

doomzday on March 22, 2008, 07:34:26 PM
i've been seeing this vespa in my dreams.  scary  ;D

sana manalo ng lotto si misis.   ;D

noblewolf on March 22, 2008, 08:52:46 PM
i've been seeing this vespa everyday inside my room.. taped on my ceiling right above my bed.. hahahaha

haayyy.. kelan kaya?

... but then again, those people lost the essence why you want to buy such a bike. It's not just a bike, it is somethin that represents an Italian art in our lifetime that will soon be treated as a collector's item and will be seen in museums.., hehehe.. maybe few decades from now. How does it feels like knowing finest italian leather craftsmen prick their hands just to come up with a masterpiece to catch you a$s while riding? Look, every year, a new super bike is unleashed. Every year, a new car model is launched. Time will come that your car or your superbike can turn heads no more. But this one?

When do you think will it go out of style?

Answer?

...IT WONT.

Ben, puydi na! Ahenteng-ahente ang dating ah! Sa tamis ng pananalita mo kahit sino mapapabili.. hehehehe..

noblewolf on March 22, 2008, 11:02:12 PM
teka.. napansin ko lang.. are these babies come with chromed rims, chromed handlebars and clamps, side and centerstand and even the brake reservoirs nakachrome din?

Ben Dover on March 24, 2008, 03:38:23 AM
This is the best Vespa GTV250 shot I've ever seen so far!   ;D  ;D ;D

very nice!

joneighbors on March 27, 2008, 10:23:30 AM
kelan kaya ako mananalo sa lotto?
Vespa's pride is my warranty!

Angono Boy
Eastscooter Boys

http://soundblasters.blogspot.com
ska, rocksteady, reggae, punk, soul, mod and everything in between

ryan on March 27, 2008, 10:58:46 AM
Teka.. how much nga pala ito? (...holding on to my seat now!)

I think mga 380 to 400k sya. I'm not sure if may stocks pa si 2211 but im sure you can order

jbc529 on April 19, 2008, 09:25:42 AM
ang ganda ganda naman ng gtv 250ie  :) :D ;D

noblewolf on April 22, 2008, 10:08:28 AM
found this new color for 2008.. hmmnn.. ganda..

vespinoy on April 22, 2008, 10:17:54 AM
wow that's a really good color!! ang ganda!!
"I didn't get a harrumph outta that guy."
"Give the governor a harrumph."
"Harrumph!"

noblewolf on April 22, 2008, 10:20:37 AM
buti na lang! hehehehe...

boss tsip.. i found it here.. http://www.faber.at/Pictures/VNews/Vespa2008kl.pdf

Maldito on April 22, 2008, 11:04:11 AM
 Wow...the beige really looks nice!!!  Classic color in a modern Vespa.....MMMmmmmmmmmmm...........

noblewolf on April 22, 2008, 02:09:25 PM
..and the contrast of the brown tuscani leather matches very well with the off white..or cream paintwork.

pero hindi ba parang girlish or gayish ang color?  ;D