JNP on November 26, 2007, 04:15:06 AM
hi JNP,
the ET8 is only a 125, never released in the US. it's also a non-LEADER  engine so its somewhat different as described in modern vespa.

dealing with this ET8 is also easier...the bolt is not behind the pipe but on the underbelly of the engine.
THANKS SILVER, i'd never heard of et8 before until i  joined this forum.
so 125cc pala. buti payan underbelly pa ang drain bolt. my et4 is a PITA when it comes to maintenance. i just replace my spark plug with the ngk iridium and
the plug is in such an awkward place. I'm curious if this iridium is any better than the stock.

silver2tone on November 27, 2007, 02:21:39 AM
JNP,
congrats for changing the plug, did you have to do it by the procedure in modern vespa? i have an LX150 now, (i'm here in MA) and i was able to pull out the plug by just standing in the right place and putting my slim hands with long fingers the right way hehehe. however, doing it again in 25 degrees F is not so easy...will wait for spring to try to change the plug, not that it needs to be changed.
the iridium should be 'better' but i never tried it :).

JNP on November 27, 2007, 09:01:38 AM
Salamat Corrine,
I did the same way you did, Mano Mano. I'm skinny enough to snake my arms in there. I had to open the engine door so I could
use both of my hands. Madali lang pala. MV was too much work.

silver2tone on November 27, 2007, 08:25:33 PM
that's true, opening the engine door will make it easier. i dont know about the guys in modern vespa, they make things so difficult sometimes!