HEAVY on June 07, 2009, 07:16:08 AM
these scoots are quite intriguing.

if you were to pick one, which would it be?

- the fino is 115cc (4-stroke?)
- the bws is 100cc (2-stroke?)
- you can get a fino bnew for 77k
- you can get a bws for as low as 25k used

It's not what you ride, its that you ride.

Daddy D on June 07, 2009, 08:01:49 AM

if you are looking for a 2nd scoot, other than your vespa, any of these 2 will make a good choice.  of course, its impossible for me to be unbiased in answering your question because i am a BWS owner, hehe.

here is a pic of my BWS or should i say Zuma, which is what they call the unit in north america.  i used to have a surplus 100cc unit, but i sold it when i found this almost brand new 50cc Zuma with 125 km on the odometer.

you will find more about the BWS in one of the threads here in this section.

for the fino, you can ask sonny navarro.

HEAVY on June 07, 2009, 09:18:22 AM
i am entertaining the idea of a second scoot, actually.  ;D

i'm leaning towards an automatic this time. these two (the fino and the zuma) i find the most attractive japanese scoots available here. i'm a heavy guy, over 200lbs, which is why i'm shying away from the 50cc bikes (the vino would have been in there too, otherwise). I've considered the 180cc italians but they seem to have parts availability concerns, unlike the japanese scoots. the other underbones look too...well, underbone. the fino, the zuma, looks ok to me.

pros and cons on both?

thanks.

ryandude on June 07, 2009, 11:16:55 AM
ikaw lang ata daddy ang may bws na ZUMA model dito sa pinas eh! :)

ride with passion and style...  go vespa go!!!

ryandude on June 07, 2009, 11:18:27 AM
by the way HONDA JOKER is a good retro scooter too. mas maporma ang look nito.

ride with passion and style...  go vespa go!!!

Daddy D on June 07, 2009, 12:06:53 PM
ikaw lang ata daddy ang may bws na ZUMA model dito sa pinas eh! :)

hindi naman, ryan, may iba pa based on the posts sa bws thread sa mcp.

HEAVY on June 08, 2009, 09:11:25 AM
by the way HONDA JOKER is a good retro scooter too. mas maporma ang look nito.

i agree. 50cc nga lang. and quite pricey. but it looks nice!  :)

HEAVY on June 08, 2009, 01:45:54 PM
which is the more powerful scoot?
which one would be easier to maintain? reliability, durability, parts availability, etc.
 :)

angvespagustoko on June 08, 2009, 02:07:39 PM
fino gusto ko, dami din parts at mura pa. hehe

el pardroni on June 08, 2009, 04:03:36 PM
which is the more powerful scoot?
which one would be easier to maintain? reliability, durability, parts availability, etc.
 :)

for me  i will choose Yamaha Fino,, reason:

1. locally purchase - maraming parts na available, kahit saan ata na motorcycla shop, makakabili ka ng parts ngaun kasi parehas lang sila ng parts ng mio, kaha lang pinagkaiba.

2. 4 stroke na, wala 2T, 115cc stock at marami pang upgrade na kit

3. practical skut, gas nya is 30-40 kilometers/liter

okay din ang bw's/ zuma for 2stroke junkies :) may mga parts din kaso pili na tindahan..

btw ang difference ng Yamaha BW's sa ZUMA are:

BW's:                                               ZUMA:

- 100cc                                               - 50cc
                               - made in taiwan                                   - european version
                                                                                        - crankcase: mineralli engine same as:
                                                                                                      = BEAT ARK
                                                                                                      = ITALJET DRAGSTER 50cc
                                                                                                      = YAMAHA JOG ,AEROX/MBK 50cc   

Daddy D on June 08, 2009, 04:52:45 PM
for me  i will choose Yamaha Fino,, reason:

1. locally purchase - maraming parts na available, kahit saan ata na motorcycla shop, makakabili ka ng parts ngaun kasi parehas lang sila ng parts ng mio, kaha lang pinagkaiba.

2. 4 stroke na, wala 2T, 115cc stock at marami pang upgrade na kit

3. practical skut, gas nya is 30-40 kilometers/liter

okay din ang bw's/ zuma for 2stroke junkies :) may mga parts din kaso pili na tindahan..

btw ang difference ng Yamaha BW's sa ZUMA are:

BW's:                                               ZUMA:

- 100cc                                               - 50cc
                               - made in taiwan                                   - european version
                                                                                        - crankcase: mineralli engine same as:
                                                                                                      = BEAT ARK
                                                                                                      = ITALJET DRAGSTER 50cc
                                                                                                      = YAMAHA JOG ,AEROX/MBK 50cc   

afaik, the zuma is also made in taiwan.  i don't know if you meant something else when you mentioned european version.  btw, the zuma has the typical US requirements such as: no side stand, standard side reflectors, bigger front signal lights and an engine kill switch.

btw, on the basic question of heavy, i think that its really hard to compare a brand new fino and a surplus unit like the BWS.  perhaps if it were only available locally, the better comparison would have been the fino vs. the brand new 4-stroke BWS.

here are some pics of the new BWS

markot on June 08, 2009, 04:59:15 PM
wow ang ganda nung unang pic!

Daddy D on June 08, 2009, 05:18:22 PM
wow ang ganda nung unang pic!

i like the 2nd pic because the bugeye headlights have been the trademark of the BWS. 

i heard that there are some grey market imports of these units, but they are quite expensive at around MP130-140.

markot on June 08, 2009, 05:39:18 PM
nyak! wag na! px nalang! hehehe!

Italjet on June 08, 2009, 08:13:08 PM
i am entertaining the idea of a second scoot, actually.  ;D

i'm leaning towards an automatic this time. these two (the fino and the zuma) i find the most attractive japanese scoots available here. i'm a heavy guy, over 200lbs, which is why i'm shying away from the 50cc bikes (the vino would have been in there too, otherwise). I've considered the 180cc italians but they seem to have parts availability concerns, unlike the japanese scoots. the other underbones look too...well, underbone. the fino, the zuma, looks ok to me.

pros and cons on both?

thanks.

I bought a used BWS after I saw the nice Zuma of DMF. I could not help but look for one as I learned that he won't sell his Zuma.
I am also  "heavy" and the BWS can easily take me around. Strong and very stable on uneven  and not so good roads. Easy to repair and maintain and reliable once you have put it in tiptop condition.  I use it if I don't want my Vespa to get dirty or park it in areas you don't want to leave your Vespa. Mura pa ang BWS but used. Ung Fino is brandnew. Sana makatulong.