atumali on June 23, 2010, 08:11:47 AM
Saw this in 23 June 2010 of Inquirer by Aida Sevilla Mendoza (she obtained this from MMDA Hotline 163). Wanted to share this for everyone's benefit. Here's a summary of the relevant rules:

1. Swerving is not a traffic violation. Swerving is defined as switching two or more lanes very quickly. Moving one lane to left or right with your blinkers on is not a violation.

2. Using a yellow lane is a violation and WILL get you a ticket. You may complain if you see buses going out of the yellow lane and are not apprehended, but a private car entering the yellow lane is.

3. MMDA officers CAN NOT CONFISCATE your license unless you are involved in an accident or on your third traffic violation and you have not settled your fines. The MMDA may issue you a ticket which you can contest if you think it is unjustified. If the MMDA officer insists in [confiscating your license], accept the ticket and report him to the MMDA Metro Base of the MMDA Hotline.

4. MMDA officers can apprehend you on their specified mission orders for the day. If he apprehends you for something that is not in his mission order for the day, you can report him and he will (should) receive disciplinary action.

MMDA Contact Nos: MMDA Hotline 163 or MMDA Metrobase 0920 938 9861; 0920 938 9875

Hope this helps.
I just love the smell of 2T in the morning...

randypogi on June 23, 2010, 08:53:16 AM
it is very usefull to save MMDA hotline number. 

last saturday, i encountered traffic in C5 from market market going south.  i was wondering why? 
i called up MMDA hotline and ask the reason for the traffic.  they informed me because of a flooded portion
of C5 caused by heavy rains an hour ago. 

galing!  :)
2Corinthians 5:17

luckystrike on June 23, 2010, 12:35:57 PM
Thanks for the numbers, @atumali and the tip, @randypogi. Good to know you can still count on something as simple as this from the MMDA.

randypogi on June 23, 2010, 12:50:41 PM
@luckystrike, you will be surprised with the MMDA rep is very polite (disclaimer: based on my experience  ;D).  :D

spank me on July 10, 2010, 11:15:32 AM
PRINT AND KEEP A COPY IN  YOUR CAR:

1. No window hours: Makati , Malabon and Las Pinas. Number Coding is in effect from 7am to 7pm!
2. No number coding: Taguig, Marikina and Paranaque . So, feel free to roam around these cities anytime.
3. Pasig City has window hours of 9am to 4pm (note the 2 hours additional to the normal 10-3pm window).
4. San Juan has window hours now according to MMDA website.
5. Pasay City is implementing Number Coding except on the following roads: Ninoy Aquino Avenue, MIA Road , Domestic Road , Portions of Airport Road , Sales Road , Tramo.
6. EDSA, C5, Pres. Diosdado Macapagal Avenue , Roxas Blvd ( Pasay ) have window hours regardless of the city (meaning one can drive via EDSA in Makati any day).
7. For the rest of Metro Manila (Caloocan, Mandaluyong, Manila, Muntinlupa, Navotas, parts of Pasay, Pateros, Quezon City, Taguig, and Valenzuela) number coding is in effect (window hours of 10am-3pm is also observed).

Meliora Eligo!

http://kitton060708.multiply.com/

Mabuhay ang Euroscoot!

ryandude on July 10, 2010, 02:44:16 PM
nice one ton.

eh yung pag gamit ba ng all weather headlight na yellow lowbeam bawal ba sa car?

ride with passion and style...  go vespa go!!!

Daddy D on July 10, 2010, 03:03:34 PM
nice one ton.

eh yung pag gamit ba ng all weather headlight na yellow lowbeam bawal ba sa car?

ryandude, dalin mo ang BM mo sa round-up para face-off kayo ng BM ni ton.

on the all-weather lamps, i can't see any reason why ipapagbawal yan, at least for the regular 55/60W.  that's what i have been using on my PX and LX. 

doomzday on July 10, 2010, 04:12:30 PM
PRINT AND KEEP A COPY IN  YOUR CAR:

1. No window hours: Makati , Malabon and Las Pinas. Number Coding is in effect from 7am to 7pm!
2. No number coding: Taguig, Marikina and Paranaque . So, feel free to roam around these cities anytime.
3. Pasig City has window hours of 9am to 4pm (note the 2 hours additional to the normal 10-3pm window).
4. San Juan has window hours now according to MMDA website.
5. Pasay City is implementing Number Coding except on the following roads: Ninoy Aquino Avenue, MIA Road , Domestic Road , Portions of Airport Road , Sales Road , Tramo.
6. EDSA, C5, Pres. Diosdado Macapagal Avenue , Roxas Blvd ( Pasay ) have window hours regardless of the city (meaning one can drive via EDSA in Makati any day).
7. For the rest of Metro Manila (Caloocan, Mandaluyong, Manila, Muntinlupa, Navotas, parts of Pasay, Pateros, Quezon City, Taguig, and Valenzuela) number coding is in effect (window hours of 10am-3pm is also observed).

WTF...per city iba ibang rules!!!  dapat gawin na lang uniform ng present admin.

randypogi on July 10, 2010, 04:32:16 PM
nice one ton.

re: foglamps

i heard over the radio interview with LTO suansing, hindi bawal ang foglamps as long as naka-cover. 

spank me on July 12, 2010, 10:24:42 AM
ryandude, dalin mo ang BM mo sa round-up para face-off kayo ng BM ni ton.

face-off? talo tayo jan itay  :P  j3j3j3j3j3

re:foglamps   pano yung mga integrated sa bumpers/chin ng auto?
Meliora Eligo!

http://kitton060708.multiply.com/

Mabuhay ang Euroscoot!