lex on February 15, 2007, 03:47:18 PM
Mahilig ka ba sa relo?  bakit?  ano ba meron sa relo? 
Is it a necessity?  Status symbol?  sign of achievement?
for collection?

randypogi on February 15, 2007, 04:09:37 PM
sir Lex, for me all of the above! hehehehe... ;D it's an achievement owning watches  with watch heritage. it's a collection and an investment because it appreciates over time. 2 cents worth lang... :D
2Corinthians 5:17

direkyey on February 15, 2007, 04:12:47 PM
Ako? Relo? Hindi...
Riding a scooter is like eating steak and having sex at the same time. It's wonderful.
-Mikey Teutul/American Chopper

EuroScoot, Inc.

Scars are tattoos with stories to tell - Unknown

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
2012 150 cc. 4T Stella

direkpal on February 15, 2007, 04:15:35 PM
yeah, right ...
 ;D
vespa granturismo sport gts300ie super - bianco bella

euroscoot inc - decade 1

direkyey on February 15, 2007, 04:21:52 PM
Seriously, what I like are old watches. It amazes me how these old pieces still hold up to now. I'm an amateur horologist and collector.
Riding a scooter is like eating steak and having sex at the same time. It's wonderful.
-Mikey Teutul/American Chopper

EuroScoot, Inc.

Scars are tattoos with stories to tell - Unknown

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
2012 150 cc. 4T Stella

corlioni on February 15, 2007, 09:34:06 PM

oo nga Yey, precise movement of each cog and part in that tiny machine is an engineering marvel!

...altho i havent worn one in 4 years na, rason ko dahil my CP serves as my watch na and cguro a matter of lifestyle na rin.  i only wear a (sports) watch when i need to time my activity lang.

I have seen life from both sides now.
On top of my Vespa...and from beneath it when I crashed.

silver2tone on February 15, 2007, 10:52:00 PM
ako mahilig din sa relo. namana ko yata ang hilig sa lolo ko. but not too old and expensive. di kaya ng powers. ayoko ng de baterya, at any given work week i wear an automatic time piece. pag feeling playful saka ko na ilalabas yung mga plastic na de baterya..like my swatch...nasaan na kaya yun? ganda pa naman, me palakang naka smile. pinahiram ko sa isang taong blond blue-eyed, di na binalik sana maalala nyang ibalik!
for many years i wore a tag na automatic na junior sized, mukhang wala na kong makitang ganun these days but i still have it. these days i wear an oris. 

VESPA on February 15, 2007, 11:06:19 PM
I love watches too!  ano ano mga collection nyo boys?
VESPA PX 150E GREEN 97
VESPA PX 150E RED "Tantrum"
VESPA PX 150E Black "Delirium"
ITALJET DRAGSTER 01
Oldschool Scooter Club, MNL

lex on February 15, 2007, 11:40:11 PM
a few years back, ang alam ko lang na relo, rolex, omega, oris, tag...etc.. when i went to taiwan last 2005, i bought a japanese watch magazine, because the cover was an omega speedmaster, ganda eh.. lo and behold, my eyes were opened to the world of watches... ang dami palang ibang relo!  magaganda, malalim ang history... 

kakaiba ang relo... dati akala ko ang automatic watch umaandar dahil sa pulso ng tao hahaha... hindi pala! may mga ibat ibang springs and balances pala yun na automatically nawi-wind ng rotor na umiikot habang gumagalaw ang relo sa kamay mo... amazing!

rastaman on February 16, 2007, 07:02:34 AM
i dont know why if i dont wear a watch i feel naked.. ;D

sushmita (vitto 07) - kaikala (9.1 southpoint)- maryjane (peerless lite)
viva vcop

silver2tone on February 16, 2007, 07:52:03 AM
in an episode of 60 minutes the old geezer there talked about watches. he said that a $20 watch can tell time as well as a $500 one. it could be true but not for me. i like watches more than other forms of jewelry. i actually call it a timepiece and not simply a watch.

bert control on February 16, 2007, 08:01:41 AM

paging nelyo! paging nelyo! share your passion about watches here man!

nelyo oriented me about his watch collection and what a watch is really all about... in fact i bought his pilot watch recently and i consider it as my first "real watch". galing kasi mag sales talk hehehe

when buying a watch, it's like buying a car or a VESPA. you have to know its engine, history of maker, etc etc. just like a vespa, every watch has its own story 'ika nga....

LEX, same here.. akala ko din ang automatic, pulso lang ng tao nagpapaandar  ;D 
VCOP
Angono Boy
Eastcooter Boys

There are only 3 kinds of people on this earth. Those that know how to count, and those that don't.

booblanco on February 16, 2007, 08:54:39 AM
what I've learned from watches and riding..

- preferably digital (ana-digi the best)
- must be shock-proof (think g-shock and ironman)
- lightly-colored digits on black background for greater visibility
- should be cheap (in case you're knocked unconscious and being looted)

in other words, leave the rolex, panerai and iwc at home

this one's nice: the Casio G-Shock G-300KRT for the Kawasaki Racing Team
http://www.casio-intl.com/news/2005/g_300krt.html

« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 09:02:37 AM by booblanco »

ghost rider - delusions, illusions and other persuasions

vespinoy on February 16, 2007, 09:22:18 AM
I was exposed to the world of watches at an early age.   My dad was a manager of the Omega shop in Makati in the early 70's yata or even earlier pa.

He would bring us to the shop pag weekends and all I remember was that his office was dark haha.  I wanted to go out and play on the Carabao statue along the brickroad (?) arcade nun.

Sadly, I never inherited my dad's passion for timepieces.  I know he has a collection of old Omegas and a few Rolexes but I'm not really sure which.  I borrowed an old Omega Seamaster from him one time and it quickly became my favorite.  Very slim watch and the bracelet was like chain mail, a really good looking watch.  It's still with him (I hope).  I'll try to borrow it one of these days and get a good photo of it.  Or better yet, coax him into having me photograph his collection.....pati na din yung antique coin collection nya.

Me?  I have an old Tag which was my Dad's gift to me during my HS graduation.  Still going strong, though needs cleaning daw.  And my Mickey Mouse dress watch hehe.

Yun na yun.
"I didn't get a harrumph outta that guy."
"Give the governor a harrumph."
"Harrumph!"

vespinoy on February 16, 2007, 09:25:35 AM
boo...or this....

"I didn't get a harrumph outta that guy."
"Give the governor a harrumph."
"Harrumph!"