ivang on December 23, 2011, 02:45:25 PM
I bought a fly150 from MotoItalia in July2010, was hit by a taxi in feb 2011, bike was totaled and policy was sold to me by MotoItalia from Standard Insurance. The folks at Moto were offered to assist in the claim. The claim became a problem immediately as they demanded all sorts of inappropriate documentation not specified in the policy, such as my passport copy, my ACR, TIN, etc. My policy from Moto was a one pager inside a folder, very straight forward, 50k medical 100k for 2 and paid depending on physical damages etc. I ended up with 4 operations on my wrist, a lot of damage. I was offered by Standard 5,000 peso. I'm like WTF? I spent thousands of dollars, you want to give me a hundred bucks? No explanation from anyone at motoitalia or standard for months. I bitched and complained forever. Standard finally sends me a policy which is a completely different policy number, many pages more, and on the last page claims everything is a fraction of the stated benefits, including get this 10% of medical. Long and short, Standard after much fighting claims Moto failed to print out the full policy, Standard pays up on full policy. There is much more to the story and either it was an innocent mistake or there is a fraud going on here and i need to know which it is. Please contact me directly at [email protected]. This likely applies to any Standard Policy bought through any Standard/dealer partnership. Lets get to the truth here and I will post the info. Ivan

air_dude on December 23, 2011, 05:21:57 PM
tsk tsk tsk...
dey op rider

gatekeeper on January 06, 2012, 04:02:53 PM
 uh oh better re-read my policy  :o

gildelrosan on August 15, 2012, 07:55:19 PM
How was your claim treated?
Ride to Live !

iCeMaN on August 15, 2012, 11:18:24 PM
better ask for legal counsel if it really needs one. to be sure, to be on the right track and to clarify all the policy issues. get a lawyer and have it interpret.