medic54 on January 26, 2012, 09:46:38 PM
Hi Guys! Im very new at this.. I really want to own a Vespa.. Why? Well just like any new guys reason, just to have the swagger of owning one.. I've been thinking of buying a motorcycle for leisure purposes, and frankly, big displacement bikes are on top of my list.. But when me and my fiancee saw a vespa when watching a movie once, we agreed that vespa is what we're looking for.. Classic, exclusive, elegant.. and its a vespa!! (Im sure you guys know what I mean)

Here comes the problem, I visited Scooter Depot just the other day, and instead of seeing vespa scooters, I saw Stella scooters.. I don't really know anything about stella, I started to think its really just a knockoff of the original vespa.. Did a couple of researches on the web, and honestly, from finally figuring out what to buy, i ended up getting confused.. Scooter Depot also sold all kinds of vespa badges.. Now I'm thinking of buying a Stella and rebadge it to Vespa (like I said, I dont know if Stella is a good brand here locally) Is that a good idea? Has anyone tried that?

One last thing.. If I buy a 2nd hand Vespa PX150, how will I know that its not a rebadged Stella? I really hope vespa gurus will enlighten me on this.. Thanks!!!

Daddy D on January 26, 2012, 10:00:52 PM
Welcome to Vespinoy!

Firstly, I don't think you can go wrong if you buy the 4-stroke Stella.  Of course, I am biased because I also have a Stella.  Now on the matter of rebadging it, I would not do it, but its really your own personal decision.  Some people have rebadged other scoots as Vespas.  Btw, I also have 2 Vespas.

If you have the chance to join the round-ups, am sure that the guys will be able to help you with your other questions.

doomzday on January 26, 2012, 10:07:15 PM
welcome to vespinoy medic54. 

first, only you and you alone can answer your questions.  you can do some more research thru the web or join some weekly round ups and chat with us so you can get inputs personally.  this topic has been debated for a long time already.  vespa, vitto, star de luxe or stella...it's still a classic-looking scooter.  all these scoots, original vespa or rebadged are accepted in the community.  don't worry about the branding, it's the attitude towards the hobby which separates us from the rest.

second, the scoots in scooter depot and 2211 are 4 stroke LML stellas.  new technology with the classic design.  you can't go wrong with them.  motoitalia (vespa dealer in manila) has several modern-automatic vespas and recently introduced the 2011 PX model.  you may want to visit their showroom in greenhills as well.

lastly, these are the obvious choices you must make

1.  2 stroke of 4 stroke
2.  Piaggio or LML
3.  automatic (modern vespa) or geared (classic)
4.  vintage? ---> now that's pushing too much hahaha

ps..
the chassis or body number and the engine number will show you if the scooter is original Vespa PX or a vitto.  you can check how to look for these digits thru scooterhelp.com

HTH and goodluck in your quest
VESPA OFW
LX150 carb ~ Lyla
PX177 ~ Emerald
PX150E ~ Arya

www.facebook.com/barnz_garcia

google+ : [email protected]
YM : [email protected]

medic54 on January 26, 2012, 10:25:49 PM
Welcome to Vespinoy!

Firstly, I don't think you can go wrong if you buy the 4-stroke Stella.  Of course, I am biased because I also have a Stella.  Now on the matter of rebadging it, I would not do it, but its really your own personal decision.  Some people have rebadged other scoots as Vespas.  Btw, I also have 2 Vespas.

If you have the chance to join the round-ups, am sure that the guys will be able to help you with your other questions.

Hi Sir! Thanks for the fast reply.. Yeah I saw your video sir. Congratz on being the 1st to own a Stella.
Don't you think you wouldn't mind not rebadging your stella coz you already own 2 vespas? hehe. :)

medic54 on January 26, 2012, 10:45:02 PM
welcome to vespinoy medic54. 

first, only you and you alone can answer your questions.  you can do some more research thru the web or join some weekly round ups and chat with us so you can get inputs personally.  this topic has been debated for a long time already.  vespa, vitto, star de luxe or stella...it's still a classic-looking scooter.  all these scoots, original vespa or rebadged are accepted in the community.  don't worry about the branding, it's the attitude towards the hobby which separates us from the rest.

second, the scoots in scooter depot and 2211 are 4 stroke LML stellas.  new technology with the classic design.  you can't go wrong with them.  motoitalia (vespa dealer in manila) has several modern-automatic vespas and recently introduced the 2011 PX model.  you may want to visit their showroom in greenhills as well.

lastly, these are the obvious choices you must make

1.  2 stroke of 4 stroke
2.  Piaggio or LML
3.  automatic (modern vespa) or geared (classic)
4.  vintage? ---> now that's pushing too much hahaha

ps..
the chassis or body number and the engine number will show you if the scooter is original Vespa PX or a vitto.  you can check how to look for these digits thru scooterhelp.com

HTH and goodluck in your quest

Hi sir! Thanks for the input. Im glad to know that everyone is accepted in the vespa community. I've been reading alot of great revies of the Stella, local as well as international forums. Im already leaning towards buying a Stella because of the good reviews. The only problem is.. "its not a vespa". Honestly sir, is there a "sort of" discrimination towards LML PX or Stella (thats the same right?.. not really sure.. hehe) Or to be more precise someone who has a rebadged vespa. I saw an ad for a 1999 Vespa PX150 and its around 50k cheaper than the brand new Stella.. Sheessh.. This is really confusing.. Anyway, thanks again sir..

vespinoy on January 26, 2012, 11:26:12 PM
Firstly welcome to the forum.  Either scoot you choose will be the right one for you.

Discrimination you say?  I honestly don't think there is.  There are those who prefer the original Vespas as comapred to the non-Vespas but I certainly don't think they will discriminate based on your choice.  Remember it's your choice to buy what you want and nobody in the community can fault you for that.  This I can assure you, we will welcome you with open arms no matter what you choose be it a PX. Stella,  Vitto, GT, GTS or whatever kahit na Mio, Nuovo.  The brotherhood does not begin and certainly does not depend on the kind of scoot you have but on the kind of person you are towards your fellow rider.  Simple lang.

Now let's ride!
"I didn't get a harrumph outta that guy."
"Give the governor a harrumph."
"Harrumph!"

randypogi on January 27, 2012, 06:15:22 AM
very well said vespinoy!  :)

my advice..."bili na!"  ;)
2Corinthians 5:17

direkyey on January 27, 2012, 07:55:44 AM
Welcome to the forum.

I would say that if you want a Vespa, then get a Vespa. The Vespa is where all the Vespinoys started their love affair with the classic European styled scooter. It carries with it a heritage that goes way way back. If you have read the different threads here about rides, you would see that it is very durable and endure the requirements that is needed for long rides. Members in this forum have gone around our country on their Vespas.

The Stella 4-stroke, on the other hand, although not a Vespa has adapted its style. It is a product which was created and developed to answer a need by its developer who is the Genuine Scooter Company based in Chicago, USA. The 4-stroke engine that it has complies to the strict emission laws in the USA. Although made in India (where a lot of motorcycles and scooters are made nowadays), the research to develop it was funded by the GSC. Yes, it is not a Vespa. The Stella is a scooter that has adapted the classic European styling but comes with a greener engine. I say that you give it a chance. I hope that if you get one that you would be proud to say that you own a Stella.

Please remember also that whatever your choice may be, you would be welcome in this community. Have fun choosing, sir. See you at the round-ups and ride safe.
Riding a scooter is like eating steak and having sex at the same time. It's wonderful.
-Mikey Teutul/American Chopper

EuroScoot, Inc.

Scars are tattoos with stories to tell - Unknown

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
2012 150 cc. 4T Stella

lex on January 27, 2012, 08:19:22 AM
If you're getting a Stella, don't rebadge... may history yan on its own... May kwento... be proud!

Goodluck!

embryo31 on January 27, 2012, 09:07:41 AM
go go go. bili na ng scoot at mag ride at mag-round up.
The Messenger
Euroscoot Inc.
Angono Boy - Palaboy

vespene gas on January 27, 2012, 09:31:41 AM
go get the stella sir! then, if you think you still need a VESPA BRAND, go get a 50's or 60's classic.

i had that dilemma too. choosing from a classic 60's vespa and an indian-made PX clone was a tough choice. but, the new dog won (parts availability!).

i bought the LML "vitto" 2 stroke. i rebadged it to "Vespa" immediately when i got it from EMC. i did it because i always wanted a vespa - so i got one (in my minds eye, haha). now, i'm thinking of rebadging it to stella. why? ..just because, i want it. it's my ride.

the vitto is my daily ride since 2008 or 2009. i've only replaced the clutch cable and nothing else. regular maintenance routine keeps it healthy. i've sold my car because i have no more time driving it - it's much fun riding a scoot.

so, to rebadge or not rebadge, it's your choice!
image is nothing - performance is everything.
can you find it in your heart.. to show little pity.. and help me get away from this.. sufferin' city?

air_dude on January 27, 2012, 09:35:05 AM
If you're getting a Stella, don't rebadge... may history yan on its own... May kwento... be proud!

Goodluck!

+1
dey op rider

vessy14 on January 27, 2012, 09:54:39 AM
go for the stella!:)

hedkandi77 on January 27, 2012, 10:35:39 AM
Just like you, I'm new at this hobby and getting addicted to it.

If you're primary concern for rebadging is the discrimination, I dare say that there's none at all.

I have been fortunate to ride with long time vespa hobbyists and I have not heard anyone say anything negative about the stella or even LMLs.

In fact most of them are actually considering getting one when the opportunity arises

The stella in itself is a great brand with a proud heritage. No need to rebadge it.

Congrats in advance!
He Who Laughs Last... Thinks Slowest!

boybig on January 27, 2012, 10:39:03 AM
ang gaganda ng sagot dito!!! newbie rin ako and a proud stella owner... i also thought of buying the motoitalia px pero at 100k more baka mabugbog na ako ni misis!! pero if ok lang sayo to pay 100k more, then go for the vespa!... ika nga, kung san ka maligaya di ba?

basta ako happyng happy sa stella  ;D ;D ;D

ika nga ni manong johnny, "gusto ko happy ka!"  ;D ;D ;D