hedkandi77 on February 14, 2012, 11:05:35 AM

So it's been 5 months since the bug bit me. Been enjoying every moment spent with my matic GT200.

Perhaps the only issue I have with it is the lack of aftermarket parts and accessories made available for a modern vespa.

And a borderline ADHD case like me requires a plethora of options to keep the mind and body calm.

So last week, I did the unthinkable...

Much to the disagreement of my MTB buds, I swapped my Niner Jet 9 Frame for a beat up PX....

so here she is...

Brought it to Scooterdepot and its now up to the genius hands of Sir Eugene and his crew

I can't wait!!!!

Abangan!
He Who Laughs Last... Thinks Slowest!

vespinoy on February 14, 2012, 11:38:42 AM
nice!!!!!!! show it to us ha!!
"I didn't get a harrumph outta that guy."
"Give the governor a harrumph."
"Harrumph!"

hedkandi77 on February 14, 2012, 11:55:21 AM
Yez sir!! Suggestio are welcome  ;D

boybig on February 14, 2012, 12:20:33 PM
just curious, approximately magkano ang aabutin ng restoration? gusto ko ring magkaron ng ganyang project eh....

vespinoy on February 14, 2012, 01:13:42 PM
I'm having my PX rebuilt also.  Keeping it stock 199ish PX 150
"I didn't get a harrumph outta that guy."
"Give the governor a harrumph."
"Harrumph!"

hedkandi77 on February 14, 2012, 01:16:36 PM
just curious, approximately magkano ang aabutin ng restoration? gusto ko ring magkaron ng ganyang project eh....

Sir estimate is 40K but all exterior... no kits or aftermarket parts for the engine...
includes repaint, new rims and hubs, shocks, seats... etc

boybig on February 14, 2012, 02:04:09 PM
Sir estimate is 40K but all exterior... no kits or aftermarket parts for the engine...
includes repaint, new rims and hubs, shocks, seats... etc

sweeet!! good luck bossing sa restoration mo!!! someday magkakaron din ako ng ganyang project (pag marunong nako!!)  ;D ;D

bosero on February 14, 2012, 02:22:11 PM
Yez sir!! Suggestio are welcome  ;D

- 2-tone paint (mas unique mas interesting) usually they look at vintage car paint scheme on this
- if you go chrome, have all the little thing in chrome, levers, boots, brake pedal, kick, etc..  just include all the "exposed" parts
- change all the "exposed" nuts and bolts to stainless steel!  iwas kalawang ka na...
- "undercoat" the body, usually those exposed to putik...  get the usual undercoat that is used in car painting...  undercoat then patungan mo na lang ng body color
- if you want the engine rebuild, this is the best time!
- check the wirings/harness baka mas mabuti palitan mo na lahat...
- go for some basic SAFETY upgrade e.g. headlight, busina yong pang kotse na pakabit mo, disc brake is the budget permits, tubeless rim and tire?
- you can actually customized the cover of your buddy seat!  bili ka ng type mong tela at pagawa mo sa gumagawa ng car seat covers!

and might be needed, update the "legal" requirements...  change ownership/colour, update registration!

goodluck bro... and nice meeting you last satuday!  keep us posted.

BTW, check barnz latest PX project, for sure you can learn from there.

cheers,

=tops

https://www.facebook.com/tops.marin

- i ride a VESPA! and i call her ALICIA! -

doomzday on February 14, 2012, 04:02:18 PM
nice one!  another PX project...you can't go wrong on a true-blooded italian scooter  bisitahin nyo araw-araw sa shop and document it with pics.  stripped to metal ba ang painting?

if you have questions, i'm just a pm a way. 

air_dude on February 14, 2012, 07:32:19 PM
 nice 1 stephen!!!
dey op rider

hedkandi77 on February 14, 2012, 09:16:26 PM
nice 1 stephen!!!

Magastos pag nag iisip..

suzer on February 14, 2012, 09:16:37 PM
Nice, another one bite by the bug

hedkandi77 on February 25, 2012, 10:44:55 PM
unfortunately no updates yet...but the project is progressing... I'm so excited... can't sleep... but I'm sure the it's worth the wait  ;D

hedkandi77 on March 06, 2012, 09:25:17 PM
Finally!! Painting is done! Assembly in progress!!

Malapit na!!!

hedkandi77 on March 08, 2012, 08:33:15 PM
Slowly but surely... in the genius hands of scooterdepot!