projectV on March 31, 2012, 09:04:10 AM
nice HOT HUES!!! :)
V.C.O.P.

direkyey on March 31, 2012, 10:26:03 AM
Galing. Keep it up!
Riding a scooter is like eating steak and having sex at the same time. It's wonderful.
-Mikey Teutul/American Chopper

EuroScoot, Inc.

Scars are tattoos with stories to tell - Unknown

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
2012 150 cc. 4T Stella

xninesideways on April 09, 2012, 01:40:52 AM
*Thanks ProjectV, Gestapo and Direckyey. :-)

Details of the build:

The old exhaust piping was severely damaged and because of the extensive mods of the engine we decided to use the Leo Vince SBK.

View from the side is the cleaned, painted frame, and detailed engine. The hydraulic system was re-wired and made independent from the original harness except the safety sensors.

Engine side. All hoses were replaced using high pressure hydraulic hoses and after market  hose clamps. We completed all water lines (former owner disconnected the by-pass) water pump was replaced in the process.

My mechanic continued the install of the body panels and gauges. The entire bike was suspended via the Cherry Picker until we completed the front suspension.

All screws, bolts, nuts and the like were replaced with stainless steel, to ensure long term use and avoid corrosion.

Closer view of the engine.

Rear end. i ditched the old battery, and opted to use the Motolite 12 amps. Imarflex offered a 14 amps version, but had doubts in its storage capacity to power the hydraulic stand and additional load imposed by the headlights and horn.

The battery was a good fit, a CM longer or higher then we will start cutting plastic. The harness was rerouted to a more secure location, away from possible water/elements exposure.

The CVT cover received a change of color that is uniform to the rims and panels.

Notice that the reflection remains flat despite the direct exposure to sunlight. Before we finalized the paint process, we flexed the CVT cover to make sure that the paint will not chip or crack. The final version, washing and constant wiping of the CVT will not cause the paint to loose its flat/mat finish.

... a work in progress. :-)

"My life begins at 8000 RPM"

xninesideways on April 09, 2012, 02:04:17 AM
More:

1. We installed a rear mud guard, similar to the Amalfi. The 500cc simply had rubber mats surrounding the tyre well, but this didnt keep mud from reaching the engine and other areas, making it difficult to clean. Since we couldnt get the Amalfi mud guard, we opted a less expensive way costing Php 150.oo by sourcing a mud guard from the SYM/Kymco. after several shaping and custom brackets, it was installed in a good fit, allowing a bottle cleaning brush to be inserted between the mud guard and tyre when cleaned.

2. Relay switches, coil and other electrical components found below the scoot were relocated to a higher portion of the scoot. It was alarming to find a connector of the harness just below the foot rest. Now this was relocated more to the side of the fuel tank and the connector was filled with silicon.

3. Its a bit of an eye-sore that my garage is cluttered with so many items from the useful and useless :-(

doomzday on April 09, 2012, 06:29:36 AM
congratz on the restoration!!  thanks for sharing
VESPA OFW
LX150 carb ~ Lyla
PX177 ~ Emerald
PX150E ~ Arya

www.facebook.com/barnz_garcia

google+ : [email protected]
YM : [email protected]

direkpal on April 09, 2012, 09:33:45 AM
great job!
vespa granturismo sport gts300ie super - bianco bella

euroscoot inc - decade 1

joneighbors on April 09, 2012, 12:42:36 PM
this scoot will be a headturner for sure :)
Vespa's pride is my warranty!

Angono Boy
Eastscooter Boys

http://soundblasters.blogspot.com
ska, rocksteady, reggae, punk, soul, mod and everything in between

green wasp on April 09, 2012, 01:31:58 PM
nakita ko ito minsan dumaan along araneta ave. ganda ng kulay!litaw na litaw sa araw!congrats ser sa restoration!
- ridin' low and slow -

direkyey on April 09, 2012, 03:57:57 PM
Ganda talaga ng X9.
Riding a scooter is like eating steak and having sex at the same time. It's wonderful.
-Mikey Teutul/American Chopper

EuroScoot, Inc.

Scars are tattoos with stories to tell - Unknown

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
2012 150 cc. 4T Stella

projectV on April 09, 2012, 11:53:38 PM
sa sobrang tulin nung dumaan sa kalentong(mahal na araw?) sabi ko yun ata yung X9 na nasa forum
 ;D
V.C.O.P.

xninesideways on April 10, 2012, 01:57:08 AM
congratz on the restoration!!  thanks for sharing

*Doomsday. Thanks and its a continuing effort.

great job!

*Direkpal. Thank you, still theres a lot of things I need to do before this 100% completed.

this scoot will be a headturner for sure :)

*Joneighbors. Hoping that hobbyists/industry will notice on how we custom ours scoots.

nakita ko ito minsan dumaan along araneta ave. ganda ng kulay!litaw na litaw sa araw!congrats ser sa restoration!

*Green Wasp. I often get to travel along Araneta Ave., I frequent BigBert's, the proprietor is a childhood friend.

Ganda talaga ng X9.

*Direkyey. Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated.

sa sobrang tulin nung dumaan sa kalentong(mahal na araw?) sabi ko yun ata yung X9 na nasa forum
 ;D

Project V. I'm so busted! :-) (Can't use the excuse, "must be someone else" I dont get to see X9s prowling the area except the ride of Simon which is colored black, and lime yellow is not a standard color for the X9s)  :) Without choice confirms the sighting, I live within the area, just infront of Lourdes Hospital. If you happen to be in the area, please buzz me at 0927 531 03 47.  :)

xninesideways on April 10, 2012, 02:42:24 AM
Portions of interest:

I completely ditched the old seat design, including the leather and back rest. The seat needed to be updated and reflect true Italian design influence.

Removing the back rest allowed a greater seating area for those long rides consisting of hundred or even thousand of kms. The wider seat area allow the "One cheek at a time" seating to avoid stiffness of the back and arshe. A portion of the foam was gutted to have a more uniform sinking when weight is applied, it was very much uncomfortable when the front end of the seat was pressing against my "family jewels" similar to a couch that carried weight in so many years that the middle portion sank in an uneven fashion.

Wrinkly and perforated black leather was used joined by long stitched yellow thread. Beneath the sewn areas, this were layered by silicon to prevent water/moisture to enter the foam. The thread was soaked in Lime Yellow paint to match the color of the scoot.

No visible staple wires.

View of the entire side of the seat.

A closer view of the CVT area, and the installed mud guard.

Underneath the compartment is the mud guard, partially concealed by the scoot's panel.

Chromed brackets and bolts holding the shocks further created point of interests to equally distribute in the 3 major areas of the scoot. due attention was given to the spindle nut to further emphasize the amount of micro work in obscure areas.

A bit of top coat high-gloss clear on the plastic turn signals to compliment the panel's luster. Caveat on the type of thinner used to layer plastic, if too strong can melt the plastic to bits.

Scoot's dash, where custom color and stock finish meet.

All screws, bolts, nuts and clips were replaced with stainless steel, to prevent corrosion when exposed to the elements.

jbc529 on April 10, 2012, 08:25:29 AM
beautiful. congrats bro  :) cheers!

Daddy D on April 10, 2012, 09:21:07 AM

Fantastic restoration!  Am sure that this will inspire others who have their own projects.

sti 2011 on April 10, 2012, 09:51:20 AM
congrats very nice bike