gatchi on April 28, 2012, 01:50:05 PM
went to pranjetto hills for the first time on a 08 lml star this morning.had 3 engine seizures on the way up,most of the time while on the 3rd gear.had to shift neutral while getting to the roadside.then 1 push start to start it again.was i taking too long on 3rd instead of downshifting to 2nd while managing long uphill climbs or some electrical issues? on the way back however, i didnt suffer any seizures-AMEN! it was a much better and relaxed drive...appreciate inputs from experienced and expert riders..thanks a lot and more power..hope to ride with vespinoys

randypogi on April 28, 2012, 09:03:04 PM
meron kang 2T?  hula ko lang baka electrical. 
2Corinthians 5:17

xninesideways on April 29, 2012, 11:39:16 AM
Hoping that you were able to sort-out the problem.  :)

Faced with scoot problems, I work on a basic set of principles:

1. Look for the cheapest solution (cost effective and find the most basic problem at times the actual problem is the result not the immediate cause);

2. Consider solutions that is least complicated then gradually work towards the more complicated (simple to complex solutions);

3. A quick fix means, less sleep at night. (Reliability is sacrificed);

4. In case of doubt, dont. (Ask and research (sabi nung tambay na lasing, na hindi ma sagot ang mga tanong, GMG pre! huh?!! Google mo G_go)  :-)

5. See it as a challenge, not a problem. :)
"My life begins at 8000 RPM"

lex on April 29, 2012, 12:12:11 PM
hindi kaya sa autolube? hindi enough 2T oil ang napupunta sa carb.  Try premixing oil na lang muna para sure na may 2T oil ka sa gas mixture mo. 

suzer on April 29, 2012, 06:08:26 PM
Its a soft seizure for me, open the cylinder and check for scratches on the cylinder wall. An additional 2t oil on the tank will help, but better check your oil pump and 2t oil line for problems, as lex mention

projectV on April 29, 2012, 10:39:50 PM
naku bago pa kasi engine block mo diba...?
V.C.O.P.

gatchi on April 30, 2012, 07:36:26 AM
thanks sa quick replies...will still have to check 2t lines though i checked 2t levels and its ok.. correct project v,new block was installed december 2011 baka break-in period pa lang umakyat na ko hehe although hindi naman ako masyado mabilis , maybe i should have mixed some 2t oil sa gas before the trip, goin back may akyatan din but didnt experiece engine seize..anyways salamat sa observations and inputs..will check and observe ulit what comes next.. :)

lex on April 30, 2012, 07:57:13 AM
oo nga , magpremix ka kahit konti ...

Frandz on April 30, 2012, 03:36:28 PM
Everytime I do a long ride sa 2t engine, I premix it with 2t sa gas, di baleng mausok sa byahe pero well lubricated ang piston.  :)

doomzday on May 01, 2012, 08:39:18 AM
Had the same soft seize experience on the last real-infanta ride. My px had a new installed block which needed break-in. I was on third gear on 60 going on a mild uphill. The engine stopped.  Spark plug changed and the boys suggested some 2T drops directly in the gas tank. Problem solved. Perhaps this needs to be done on scoots with new blocks during long rides
VESPA OFW
LX150 carb ~ Lyla
PX177 ~ Emerald
PX150E ~ Arya

www.facebook.com/barnz_garcia

google+ : [email protected]
YM : [email protected]

direkpal on May 01, 2012, 02:47:45 PM
even for scoots with old blocks, it's always a good idea to premix a bit before taking off on long rides.
i remember dr scoot (nani) reminding those of us on PXs (there were a lot more of us then) to do this
when we were filling up on fuel at our assembly/takeoff point.
an ounce of prevention, so to speak  ;)
vespa granturismo sport gts300ie super - bianco bella

euroscoot inc - decade 1

gatchi on May 02, 2012, 09:14:58 AM
thanks guys, ill do the 2t pre-mix next trip...is it safe to mix different brands of oil?what adverse effects will it do to the engine. thanks again

lex on May 02, 2012, 09:23:19 AM
thanks guys, ill do the 2t pre-mix next trip...is it safe to mix different brands of oil?what adverse effects will it do to the engine. thanks again

It is safe as long as they are of the same compound.  Kung mineral oil, ok lang to mix with a mineral oil of a different brand.  Ang problema if you mix mineral 2T oil to a semi synthetic or synthetic 2T oil or viceversa... sabi nila it would gum or create a buildup that will clog the 2T tubes/lines/injector... baka yan naging problema mo ah, kaya hindi tama yung gas-oil mixture mo causing the seizure...