mr232 on May 15, 2012, 08:05:25 PM
hi there. am a newbie with a stella 4 stroke with around 500 miles of leasurely city driving on the odo.  have not been able to ride too often lately (manila rain) and noticed that it takes a little more time than usual to warm her up before going without stalling. now, it takes me at least 5 mins warming her up before rolling out of my garage even only after a day of sitting still.  everything else seems ok after.  does it really take this long to warm up or is there something i should adjust?  ciao.

vespinoy on May 15, 2012, 09:39:51 PM
nope that's typical for a four stroke engine.  give her a few minutes to warm the oil and make it coat the important parts.  5 minutes is a reasonable amount of time.
"I didn't get a harrumph outta that guy."
"Give the governor a harrumph."
"Harrumph!"

boybig on May 16, 2012, 10:52:19 AM
bossing pwede mo rin siguro adjust higher ang idling mo kung namamatayan ka ng makina... yun yung gold screw na may spring near where the sticker is... wag mo remove yung sticker ha... minsan pag walang time to warm up i just driver her slow for 2 minutes, meja meja lang... mukang ok naman... im on my 1300miles na rin.. city driving din lang...

mr232 on May 16, 2012, 08:07:25 PM
ok naman idling when warmed up. good to know na normal lang pala yung longer than usual wait.  maraming salamat po for the inputs.  hope to be able to join your fun runs in the future.  konting practice na lang to build a little more confidence...hehe

joneighbors on May 16, 2012, 08:12:34 PM
Join us on the 26th sir :). sa scooter jamboree to meet everyone
Vespa's pride is my warranty!

Angono Boy
Eastscooter Boys

http://soundblasters.blogspot.com
ska, rocksteady, reggae, punk, soul, mod and everything in between