direkpal on August 28, 2012, 09:25:33 AM
ardie, i have first hand experience on the flaws of the injection system, particularly in the vespa GT series.
without going into specifics, i'll just say na malaking hassle talaga.
buti nalang, naayos naman yung problema.

but all things considered, i'm still happy with my injected scoot.
and (knock on wood) i hope that it continues to run trouble-free.
vespa granturismo sport gts300ie super - bianco bella

euroscoot inc - decade 1

iCeMaN on August 28, 2012, 09:29:47 AM
ardie, i have first hand experience on the flaws of the injection system, particularly in the vespa GT series.
without going into specifics, i'll just say na malaking hassle talaga.
buti nalang, naayos naman yung problema.

but all things considered, i'm still happy with my injected scoot.
and (knock on wood) i hope that it continues to run trouble-free.

hindi ko alam kung ill be scared of it or love it. pero i am sure with the proper care, it will perform excellently naman dapat.

direkpal on August 28, 2012, 09:45:22 AM
yes, you'll just have to be mindful of the way she runs, papakiramdaman mo lang lagi ang takbo.

but when she runs well, it's a blast  ;D

euroscoot inc - decade 1

hedkandi77 on August 28, 2012, 09:47:04 AM
I'm biased towards carb platform over injection mainly because of my own personal experience (and the fact that I don't have an injected scoot).

One day, my spark plug ran conked out one me and this happened while I was about to leave the house for a weekend ride with a couple of friends. So I profusely tried starting it over and over again until I gave up on the idea. Unknowingly I was flooding the carb as I was doing so.

The same day, I changed my spark plug and decided to bring my GT go for a routine oil change @ scooterdepot.

With a flooded carb, the GT went kapoot along san antonio valley in paranaque. After 5 mins of cussing and kicking myself, I chanced upon a small rinky dink mechanic that services underbones and mios.

So I pushed my GT there, mechanic scratches his head, removes the carb (while I was sh*tting my pants) cleans it, installs it again (peeing my pants this time) and then VOILA!

With a pleasant grin off I went!  ;D

He Who Laughs Last... Thinks Slowest!

iCeMaN on August 28, 2012, 09:52:35 AM
yes, you'll just have to be mindful of the way she runs, papakiramdaman mo lang lagi ang takbo.

but when she runs well, it's a blast  ;D

ganun na nga lang, continues monitoring and observation sa scoots performance.

iCeMaN on August 28, 2012, 09:55:06 AM
I'm biased towards carb platform over injection mainly because of my own personal experience (and the fact that I don't have an injected scoot).

One day, my spark plug ran conked out one me and this happened while I was about to leave the house for a weekend ride with a couple of friends. So I profusely tried starting it over and over again until I gave up on the idea. Unknowingly I was flooding the carb as I was doing so.

The same day, I changed my spark plug and decided to bring my GT go for a routine oil change @ scooterdepot.

With a flooded carb, the GT went kapoot along san antonio valley in paranaque. After 5 mins of cussing and kicking myself, I chanced upon a small rinky dink mechanic that services underbones and mios.

So I pushed my GT there, mechanic scratches his head, removes the carb (while I was sh*tting my pants) cleans it, installs it again (peeing my pants this time) and then VOILA!

With a pleasant grin off I went!  ;D

that incident also happened with me, when were in the midway of the bicol ride back then. baklas carb then cleaned it, and assembled it. ayos!

direkpal on August 28, 2012, 10:00:53 AM
good for you, hedkandi and ardie :)

i forgot to mention that before my current vespa (GTS300ie), i had a GT200 for a couple of years.
i never had a problem with the carburetion. there were other minor inconveniences, but nothing major with
the engine.

so you can imagine the positive difference in torque and speed when i upgraded to the injected engine.
the negative part really only kicks in when you realize that the injection system has a flaw that you'll just have
to live with - unless you change your scooter.

but since i'm really pusong-vespa, i live with it and just enjoy the ride.

euroscoot inc - decade 1

hedkandi77 on August 28, 2012, 10:03:18 AM
I guess it's unanimous... Carb Engines rock!

I heard there's this beautiful GT200L being sold in another thread... super negotiable daw.

heto yun oh

http://www.vespinoy.com/forum/index.php/topic,9355.0.html

hahahaha!
He Who Laughs Last... Thinks Slowest!

iCeMaN on August 28, 2012, 10:09:30 AM
good for you, hedkandi and ardie :)

i forgot to mention that before my current vespa (GTS300ie), i had a GT200 for a couple of years.
i never had a problem with the carburetion. there were other minor inconveniences, but nothing major with
the engine.

so you can imagine the positive difference in torque and speed when i upgraded to the injected engine.
the negative part really only kicks in when you realize that the injection system has a flaw that you'll just have
to live with - unless you change your scooter.

but since i'm really pusong-vespa, i live with it and just enjoy the ride.

yeah. i believe and it is my opinion that no scooter is perfect. it is we, that perfectly love our scoot in spite of the minor imperfection/s.

lex on August 28, 2012, 11:41:16 AM
pal, yung flaw ba ng injected engine para sa lahat or case to case basis lang?  Malaking tulong ito sa mga magjujump sa injected engines... thank you!  mamaya nyan, magka-roundup "injected vs. carburated" roundup haha

iCeMaN on August 28, 2012, 12:09:00 PM
pal, yung flaw ba ng injected engine para sa lahat or case to case basis lang?  Malaking tulong ito sa mga magjujump sa injected engines... thank you!  mamaya nyan, magka-roundup "injected vs. carburated" roundup haha

haha! ayos yan! carb vs injected! kailangan ba ng hottorney... este attorney pala.

doomzday on August 28, 2012, 12:21:13 PM
i think all incoming units are injected na.  so unless newbies would like to buy pre-loved vespas, they are stuck with the new technology.  wala pa naman balita sa new GS LX 99 units with bugged fuel pumps.  sana wala, at kung meron man...sana may pang palit agad ang GS.

iCeMaN on August 28, 2012, 01:01:18 PM
i think all incoming units are injected na.  so unless newbies would like to buy pre-loved vespas, they are stuck with the new technology.  wala pa naman balita sa new GS LX 99 units with bugged fuel pumps.  sana wala, at kung meron man...sana may pang palit agad ang GS.

sana naman walang problem kahit hindi galing GS. good thing wala pang reports na sirain ang injected. there are some case but not that as frequent.

vespinoy on August 28, 2012, 01:18:14 PM
wala na sigurong problem mga fuel pumps with the new units.  it was an old problem that was already resolved.
"I didn't get a harrumph outta that guy."
"Give the governor a harrumph."
"Harrumph!"

iCeMaN on August 28, 2012, 01:28:39 PM
buti na lang. ganun din ba problem ng ibang scoot kahit hindi vespa or piaggio before with the injected?