hedkandi77 on October 17, 2012, 10:18:28 PM
Hi vespeeps...

Adhd true to form, been toying with the idea of getting a bigger stallion. Not a superbike but enough to get me inside SLEX. Preferably a touring bike like the GS 650 or the V strom.

Just to put things into perspective, I have never had saddle time beyond a scoot. I have 2 vespas a GT 200 and a PX and have probably clocked in 10,000 kms combined with the 2 scoots in 12 months.

Was (and still) planning to sell the GT and spot the difference to finance the big stallion. However the price drops of matics (thank you granstar) makes it difficult to push my GT at a reasonable (not desperate) price.

So now comes the option of having 3 bikes. Not really ideal as I find it all too grandiose and wifey couldn't agree more. However deferring the gratification is just driving me nuts!

My dilemma is that it COULD just be a phase. It is further validated when i meet vespa riders who used to ride crotch rockets And claim that settling for a scoot "is the best decision they ever made."

And if indeed its just a phase, I'll be stuck with a third bike and probably be neck deep in annulment proceedings...hahaha!

So i know there are a lot of you out there who used to or still are riding big bikes. What would be your advice to the uninitiated?

Should i scratch the itch or just take a cold shower?

He Who Laughs Last... Thinks Slowest!

boylit on October 18, 2012, 05:14:40 AM
Scratch...

Fair warning. It never ends...

At the height of my insanity, I had 7 bikes in the garage and a walk in closet just for motorcycle gear...

Sent from my Casio Calculator Watch using Tapatalk

iCeMaN on October 18, 2012, 10:22:19 AM
get one imho.

wow! ilang displacements yung bikes mo nun boylit?

boylit on October 18, 2012, 01:10:48 PM
The worst I had was 2 liter sportbikes, 1 400cc maxiscoot, 1 goldwing, 1 ktm 620 dirt bike and 2 vespa et8.

iCeMaN on October 18, 2012, 02:52:41 PM
The worst I had was 2 liter sportbikes, 1 400cc maxiscoot, 1 goldwing, 1 ktm 620 dirt bike and 2 vespa et8.

Ayos pa yan. Hindi naman same displacements. Kung passion mo talaga bikes, wala lang yan.

silver2tone on October 18, 2012, 03:35:15 PM
There you are...the word is Passion. Guilty party here, but not as much as boylit haha. What drove me to get the 'big' bike was the knowledge that I could expand my skillet. My first scoot was a bnew px150 from veloci, which I swapped to Bimbo's et8. I honed my riding skills on that scooter, next step was a very nice 400cc Honda, the cb1. Soon after I moved to the states where I owned a Suzuki sv650 for 1 year. Got tired of riding freeways I settled for an Vespa lx150. I put 3000 miles on that in spite of new England's weather. I returned to the philippines and bought a boring super 4, I liked my et8 than that slow bike. Eventually got my Vespa 250 and a duc monster s4. Now I have two Vespa 250's because I like the bike sooooo much! I don't ride too often to make a 400cc up bike reasonable. I'm quite secure with my skills and I own my bikes today as pure pleasure.

vespinoy on October 18, 2012, 04:54:29 PM
i recently sold my MP3 to get a BMW F650GS (single cylinder lang) and I still kept my PX.  Best of both worlds IMHO.  I still want a Vstrom though hahaha.   Never say never, I swore once I would never go the "big bike" way, well here I am eating crow and not regretting it one bit.
"I didn't get a harrumph outta that guy."
"Give the governor a harrumph."
"Harrumph!"

boylit on October 18, 2012, 08:00:55 PM
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission...

boylit on October 18, 2012, 08:01:49 PM
Bimbo, Versys coming to our shores real soon...

hedkandi77 on October 18, 2012, 10:48:02 PM
Bimbo, Versys coming to our shores real soon...

Is this for real? Been hearing a lotbof buzz about it. But seems that its all hearsay
He Who Laughs Last... Thinks Slowest!

iCeMaN on October 18, 2012, 11:32:11 PM
There you are...the word is Passion. Guilty party here, but not as much as boylit haha. What drove me to get the 'big' bike was the knowledge that I could expand my skillet. My first scoot was a bnew px150 from veloci, which I swapped to Bimbo's et8. I honed my riding skills on that scooter, next step was a very nice 400cc Honda, the cb1. Soon after I moved to the states where I owned a Suzuki sv650 for 1 year. Got tired of riding freeways I settled for an Vespa lx150. I put 3000 miles on that in spite of new England's weather. I returned to the philippines and bought a boring super 4, I liked my et8 than that slow bike. Eventually got my Vespa 250 and a duc monster s4. Now I have two Vespa 250's because I like the bike sooooo much! I don't ride too often to make a 400cc up bike reasonable. I'm quite secure with my skills and I own my bikes today as pure pleasure.

For us riders, having a set of bike that has different displacement is as sweet as chocolate. having an option to go small and face the tight traffic of the metro or go big and go for the highway. wow! sarap ng may ibang option other than one ride!

back to the topic, yeah... for me, every rider naman dreams of a bigger and faster ride. if you have the chance to own one... grab it. someone told me this... (kaya ako nademonyo sa ______, hehehe!) "LIFE IS TOO SHORT''. if may chance to go bigger and faster, go and grab the chance.

iCeMaN on October 18, 2012, 11:33:17 PM
i recently sold my MP3 to get a BMW F650GS (single cylinder lang) and I still kept my PX.  Best of both worlds IMHO.  I still want a Vstrom though hahaha.   Never say never, I swore once I would never go the "big bike" way, well here I am eating crow and not regretting it one bit.

kanino na punta ang Piaggio MP3...? hmmm...

lex on October 19, 2012, 04:39:58 AM
Tama Life's too short... scratch the itch! :) keep at least one scooter, perfect na yun!

bimbo, nice upgrade! :)

iCeMaN on October 19, 2012, 05:06:03 AM
so far SCRATCH lahat! wohoo!

vespinoy on October 19, 2012, 05:37:52 AM
boylit,
i heard nga.  1000cc ang papasok and at a reasonable price pa hmmmmmmmmm.

ardy,
kay leo of euroscoot also.  enjoying it to bits hahaha.

lex, tenks! isa syang malaking px hahaha
"I didn't get a harrumph outta that guy."
"Give the governor a harrumph."
"Harrumph!"