luigi168 on January 03, 2013, 12:28:39 PM

guys newbie ako sa vespa, been scooting for 8 months pa palang.

Heres my problem, while riding my vespa for a while it dies as in dahan dahan.  I decided to push my scoot home since inside the village naman ako mga 2km push. after 500m i tried to kick start it. the engine starts and a puff of white smoke comes out of the exhaust then ok na ulit. this happened twice na that after it stalls after a while it starts with the white smoke initially then all is well. once it starts i turn the idle to a higher level then ok na.

My issue is takot ako ilayo scoot ko that i might get in trouble where i cant leave my scoot. so for now inside the subdivision ako.

its a vespa 150cc 2 stroke.  Being a gear nut in cars during the days of the carburator, i feel lunod lang, my problem is WHY nalulunod? BTW the idle adjuster in the carb unwinds itself in time to literally choke the carb to almost mamamatay na pag idle hence i adjust it.

ok ba sa SCOOTER DEPOT magpagawa? yup im a BF resident.

THANKS VESPA GURUS for any help! ang dami pala ng vespa riders here sa south!!! ok fine newbie na kung newbie pero I LOVE my scooter! head turner sa office and coffee joints!

more power

safe rides boys!

rikkijimenez on January 03, 2013, 01:44:56 PM
Sir, how's the condition of your tank? Is it rusted inside or malinis pa? I had the same experience before and the problem was my tank had fine bits of rust in it that blocked the filter causing my scoot to stall when running in high revs.

green wasp on January 03, 2013, 02:33:38 PM
ganyan din experience ko dun sa lml,pag ilang days hinde nagamit,nagiging defogger! sabog white smoke!tapos pag ginamit mo na ok naman,pero parang mamamatay lage...kya rev ng rev sa stoplight...
- ridin' low and slow -

air_dude on January 03, 2013, 06:05:18 PM
visit scooter depot, mababait tao dun :)
dey op rider

hedkandi77 on January 03, 2013, 08:30:46 PM
visit scooter depot, mababait tao dun :)

Yup best that you bring it at SD. They know PXs like how air dude knows the latest spakols. Hahaha

He Who Laughs Last... Thinks Slowest!

aav888 on January 03, 2013, 11:01:39 PM
Yup bring it to SD. Gino(mechanic) is the man:) kwela kausap pati si Eugene. Hehe

carlomagnoantonio on January 04, 2013, 08:12:49 AM
nung bago pa lang ako nag vespa noon, pag nasiraan ako lalo na sa gabi at hindi ko alam gawin iniiwan ko ang scoot ko sa pinaka malapit na gasolinahan at kinakausap ko ang gasoline boy/guard na kung pede ko iwan ang scoot ko doon overnight pumapayag naman sila at inaabutan ko na lang bago ako umalis at pagbalik ko ( tip sa part na natatakot ka pag nasiraan ka at hindi mo alam gagawin mo... ) at the very best pa check mo na sa SCOOTER DEPOT brader :) ride lang ng ride :)
hold your child's hand every chance you get. the time will come all too soon when he or she won't let you.

doomzday on January 04, 2013, 08:33:25 AM
sir try to remove the main jet of the carb. hipan mo lang to be sure na walang bara.  then place it back.  sabayan mo na din ng pag papalit ng bagong sparkplug.  if all fails, a vespa mechanic is your best shot.  swerte mo malapit ka sa SD.  good luck

skunk on January 04, 2013, 10:19:49 AM
When a PX is not frequently used, Fuel gumming on the carb does occur. The fuel may have evaporated and left behind a sticky gum that will prevent the carburetor from working properly and thus blocking the carb jets resulting in hard starting when warm and improper idling.

Try to give it a good rev to allow fresh fuel to circulate and somehow clear some of the residue deposits inside. It will spew out a lot of smoke, it will be a thick bluish-white haze but don't worry, thats a 2-stroke signature. It will clear out afterwards. (but if the smoke is black, thats a different story). If it doesn't improve, you may need to remove the carb and clean it out. Cleaning is easy. Spray-on carb cleaners will do the job or douse it on some gasoline and brush off all the dirt.

To prevent that, make it a habit to close the fuel tap when you will not be using your scooter for a long period of time.

If you don't want to get your hands dirty or if it still doesn't improve, I would recommend you bring it to ScooterDepot. Their good mechanic will know what to do. They have been working on scooters for many many years and they have a very qualified scooter mechanic and personnel. Me and most of my scooter buddies are ScooterDepot regulars.

My advice is use and enjoy your PX as often as you can. The more you use it, the more it runs smoother.
Angono Boy

air_dude on January 04, 2013, 02:10:19 PM
Yup best that you bring it at SD. They know PXs like how air dude knows the latest spakols. Hahaha

na kwento lang sakin yun !!!
dey op rider

luigi168 on January 07, 2013, 03:42:38 PM
Thanks for the tip vespa gurus not to mention who to ask for the latest SPACOL!!! hehehe!

thanks again and appreciate the inputs. yup lucky ako na im near SD. ka village ko ata si Eugene!

safe rides!

jc_deguzman on May 15, 2013, 09:56:22 PM
Proper tune up will do the trick and ask the mechanic some tips what to do if it happens again while on the road.

lex on May 24, 2013, 07:58:11 AM
Clogged jets yan malamang...  konting linis lang using a tip of a guitar string, preferably the G or B string tips hehe... yung manipis...

Anyway, naalala ko before may nakasama kami, bago lang siya nun sa vespa, namamatay din, parang sakal na sakal yung engine, tapos namamatay.  Pag-angat ng seat, kita namin kaagad kung bakit :)  Pinatungan nya ng basahan yung hole for air intake.  Ito yung malapit sa helmet hooks.. kaya pala namamatayan ;)