Mingoy777 on January 06, 2013, 07:51:00 AM
hi guys! i really need some tips for soon to be owners of vespa LX, like accessories that are really needed to be installed, what brand of helmet that is good, top case brands. will appreciate it so much! thanks in advance guys!

btw, im from cebu city and im so excited to have one soon :-)

Mingoy777 on January 06, 2013, 08:01:48 AM
planning to get a brand new lx 150 3v or yung lx 150 lang sana. ill be using it papuntang work and pa uwi lang so its like 6x a week ko magagamit.

lx 150 3v ba or lx 150?

df22 on January 06, 2013, 08:56:14 AM
LX 150 3v is 100k more expensive!!! GS extended the white xmas promo for the LX 150 99k......

For Sale Motorcycle Apparel
http://df22mcp.multiply.com/

Mingoy777 on January 06, 2013, 09:03:07 AM
@df22 hindi na cguro ako makaka avail ng promo nila sir. hindi rin naman ako nagmamadali kasi budget ko rin ang hinihintay ko. anyways, ano ba difrenz sa dalawa sir? siguro may tamang reason sila bakit mas mahal ang 3v aside sa 3valve tama po ba ako? thanks!

df22 on January 06, 2013, 09:17:45 AM
The 3 valve technology provides clear improvement of performance compared to the previous generation engines: maximum power of the 125 is improved by 7.1%, and maximum torque by 10.3%; acceleration time from 0 to 60 metres drops 2%, and top speed increases by 2.2%. The same is true of the Vespa LX 3V 150 cc: maximum power and torque increase respectively by 6.3 and 7.8%, with a decrease in the time it takes to go from 0 to 60 metres to the tune of 5% and a 3% increase in top speed.

Despite the significant performance enhancements, fuel economy is drastically improved from the previous 55 km/l to 50 km/h (about 30% better compared to previous generation engines), while service intervals are now extended to every 10,000 km. The new 3V engine allows for extremely contained operating costs: in one year of use (during which the Vespa customer rides an average of 4,000 km), this allows a savings of about 34 litres of fuel which corresponds to an extra 1,500 km.

df22 on January 06, 2013, 09:18:26 AM
Check out GS FB account...I copied the info above from their post...

df22 on January 06, 2013, 09:19:10 AM
Mas matipid na, mas malakas pa, mas mabilis pa top speed...Yun nga lang, double the price....

Mingoy777 on January 06, 2013, 09:26:13 AM
@df22 thanks so much sa info sir! tingnan ko nalang kung san aabot budget ko hehe san ba tayo makakabili ng top case and vespa helmets sir?

lex on January 06, 2013, 09:34:02 AM
main difference talaga yung 3 valve engine.  mas matipid, mas efficient, mas may power.

but for a 150cc vespa lx, power is enough, matipid na din naman. Personally i wouldn't buy the 3v for double the price, pareho lang naman imho.

First to consider when buying a vespa lx for commute is the rear rack where you could install a topbox.  The underseat storage of the lx is not that big, kailangan mo talaga ng ibang lalagyan.  Maraming brands ng racks, but the best is still from piaggio.  Meron din from Givi (fixed rack) and other companies like cuppini, etc.

Topbox brand, GIVI would still be the best option. Available na yan through motoworld (nationwide).

Another thing to consider is the windshield.  Hindi pang-porma lang ang windshield.  It actually deflects dirt, insects, etc. away from the rider. Lalo na kapag umuulan, yung dirty mist, nadedeflect nya kaysa tumama sa iyo directly.

For helmet, I would recommend the LS2 jet helmet na may faceshield.  Kung hindi ako nagkakamali, ito lang yung helmet na may shield na kasya sa underseat storage ng lx, other brands ng jet helmets with shield like nolan, agv, hindi talaga kasya.

and dont forget to consider buying a nice raingear.  Nice, ibig sabihin breathable material at hindi yung cheap materials lang na madaling masira at walang vents.  

Goodluck with the purchase!  I have an LX too and I used it everyday to work.  Masarap gamitin!

Mingoy777 on January 06, 2013, 10:01:09 AM
@lex wow! thank you so much for the detailed inputs sir i really appreciate it! sa lx 150 kc yung regular price nya is 149k and sa lx 3v 199k pero may 12mos. zero interest sa remaining half price eh might as well get the lx 3v? if sa lx ako yung idagdag ko sana for lx 3v ay pambili ko nalang ng accessories dba? hhhmmmm.... hiraaaaaap! hehehe!

lex on January 06, 2013, 10:14:18 AM
yes, consider the price difference at yung pambili mo ng accs.

idea lang sa iba mo pang gastos:

rack na fixed around 6k average / folding rack 11k ata

Givi topbox:  depending on the size: average price 4-5k

windshield:  average 6k

rubber mat pa pala: 2k

helmet: average 3k

raingear: 2k average

So nasa 20k range ka na sa ibang gastos, wala pa yung riding jacket, shoes, etc.

I have the older LX, carb type. i've ridden the 150ie model.  May difference nga pero for me, hindi naman malaki yung difference especially both are vespas. basta vespa, ok yan! ;)

but if you have the extra money to buy the newer engine vespa lx, ok yan! 

Mingoy777 on January 06, 2013, 10:26:09 AM
@lex sir salamat talaga sa detailed inputs mo! siguro uunahin ko muna yung rear rack, helmet, mat and rain gear... yung sa rain gear sir san mabibili?

lex on January 06, 2013, 10:30:56 AM
welcome!

cebu ka di ba? May motoworld na dyan.  May magagandang raingear sila from GIVI at RS Taichi ... 2 piece na, upper at pants, may reflectors pa. 

from motoworld website:

Motoworld opens its first showroom in Cebu City. Check us out at G/F The Forum, Archbishop Reyes Ave., Cebu City. Email us [email protected].

Mingoy777 on January 06, 2013, 10:46:16 AM
@lex yes sir cebu po! thank you talaga sir as in thank you talaga! salamat sa patience sir! hehe sige sir ill check the website now! thanks again so much!

lex on January 06, 2013, 11:07:20 AM
@lex yes sir cebu po! thank you talaga sir as in thank you talaga! salamat sa patience sir! hehe sige sir ill check the website now! thanks again so much!

welcome, balitaan mo kami dito kapag nakuha mo na ang lx mo...