johnadoo on January 08, 2013, 04:08:54 PM
just asking?  i still have one helmet that needs it?

johnadoo on January 10, 2013, 04:00:09 PM
i just saw the news, no chance na pala talaga...sayang.

Gestapo on January 11, 2013, 04:26:11 PM
I just came from meeting with DOTC in which DTI was there also. They even went as far as saying that you will have to undergo the rigid testing of the helmets from now on. In other words even if you bought the top of the line Arai helmet that almost costs a whole motorcycle, and has the highest international standard given and even used in very high speed racing, is still no good. You have to undergo rigid testing pa daw same like the manufacturers do. That statement came from the director himself. Daming butas ng batas na ito hilaw na hilaw, they can't even focus on having people wear helmets and here they are speaking about the standards which is actually just a placebo

silver2tone on January 11, 2013, 05:49:23 PM
My solution: Retire old helmets without the sticker buy new ones! I bought two helmets in the past 3 months :) I even think that helmets produced/sold today are not as 'tough' as the ones I owned 5 years ago.  Talking about brands like: Zeus, Nolan, Caberg, AGV,...

randypogi on January 11, 2013, 08:40:15 PM
i also retired my 10+ year old helmets and got a new one. :-) 

ang mura ng LS2!
2Corinthians 5:17

doomzday on January 11, 2013, 08:59:42 PM
kawawa na naman ang pilipinong rider.  yung iba walang pambili ng bagong helmet eh. 

johnadoo on January 11, 2013, 10:21:19 PM
yeah mines an arai thats FIA approved, kaya nanghihinayang ako...oh well, time to save up for a new one

direkpal on January 12, 2013, 02:18:30 PM
tinutulungan ng DTI i-promote ang mga locally-manufactured na helmet.
900 pesos daw ang open-face, 1k+ ang full-face.
PS standards-approved na daw.
vespa granturismo sport gts300ie super - bianco bella

euroscoot inc - decade 1

dragonboy1 on January 12, 2013, 04:21:43 PM
a friend of mine just came home from a eurotrip and he just arrived a few days ago with a vespa brand helmet...

pano ang rules ng DTI about this one? i mean, hindi na ba niya magagamit ito dahil it was purchased abroad and there's no way to get an icc sticker for it na?
turismo veloce 175

direkpal on January 12, 2013, 04:42:19 PM
this whole topic was on DZMM's KONSYUMER ATBP this morning.
the DTI representative in charge of the helmet stickering thing said that there will not be an extension or grace period anymore, despite numerous requests from the motorcycle-riding community (there was one guy from said community on the show who actually asked whether the DTI would grant it).

so, mike, unless your friend knows someone in DTI who can do something about it, the answer is to your question
is no.

if it's any consolation to your friend, i have 3 helmets that i wasn't able to get stickered.
so i'll have to bite the bullet and get new, inexpensive helmets instead, like randy and corrine.

euroscoot inc - decade 1

johnadoo on January 12, 2013, 04:50:46 PM
this whole topic was on DZMM's KONSYUMER ATBP this morning.
the DTI representative in charge of the helmet stickering thing said that there will not be an extension or grace period anymore, despite numerous requests from the motorcycle-riding community (there was one guy from said community on the show who actually asked whether the DTI would grant it).

so, mike, unless your friend knows someone in DTI who can do something about it, the answer is to your question
is no.

if it's any consolation to your friend, i have 3 helmets that i wasn't able to get stickered.
so i'll have to bite the bullet and get new, inexpensive helmets instead, like randy and corrine.

hmmm, somebody out there must be making money out of this

direkpal on January 12, 2013, 05:11:49 PM
in fairness to the DTI representative, they did give us 6 months, and there were constant reminders of this.

kasalanan na natin kung di nga tayo nakapagpa-sticker.

euroscoot inc - decade 1

dragonboy1 on January 12, 2013, 05:16:10 PM
hindi na pala tayo pwede bumili ng helmets abroad...sayang.

i've heard from one of my officemates that there are stickers being sold at 300 bucks a pop. ewan ko lang kung totoo.
turismo veloce 175

johnadoo on January 12, 2013, 05:18:44 PM
in fairness to the DTI representative, they did give us 6 months, and there were constant reminders of this.

kasalanan na natin kung di nga tayo nakapagpa-sticker.
yes true that. just swallow the pill. time to save up:(

i saw the interview on TV last wednesday ata yun, alam na ng mmda yung binebenta and other "styles".  so mahirap din yan

corlioni on January 12, 2013, 05:30:03 PM
meron nga Mike, the amount depends on where it is available. finally, corruption rears its ugly head. grabe. btw i saw the cheap local ones sa Quiapo. smaller ang hardshell, maganda at first glance, end. the cushion, moving parts, chin strap and construction technology are 10 years back. you'd love the baduy Index brand kung ito rin lang ang katapat.
I have seen life from both sides now.
On top of my Vespa...and from beneath it when I crashed.