motocyclist on April 18, 2013, 07:33:03 AM

Hello,

I own a vespa Lx150ie, and this does not come w/ a kickstarter.

did some one here ever encountered a dead battery for the 'ie' model?
unlike the non fuel injected models, the 'ie' needs POWER for the fuel pressure pump.

Have someone tried using a JUMPER cables for a temporary remedy on a dead battery?

tia

Daddy D on April 18, 2013, 11:00:47 AM
How long have you had your LX 150ie?

My LX is the carb model but my original battery is still ok after 5 years and about 6,000+ kms.

For the LX model without a kick start, jumper cables seem to be a necessity.  Jumper cables should be ok as long as you know the proper sequence of connecting it.

Lately, I have also been using a battery tender.  Seems to be a good investment for our scoot and car batteries.

motocyclist on April 18, 2013, 09:44:28 PM
My Vespa is still new, no problem so far, just have to be on alert.
specially for a long solo ride.

I read some blog in other countries about stalled A/T Vespa Fi,
due to expired battery.

My previous rides, carb type, can get me home even with out a battery.

silver2tone on April 19, 2013, 02:18:35 PM
Battery tender is a good investment. If you havent used your scoot in a while and you have a ride the following day - hook it up to the tender the night before.
Cold weather (where it could reach below 0 Celsius or Farenheit) could kill your batteries, specially when they are not so new. I used to remove my battery from my LX in the winter and bring it into the house. Charge it up the night before if I have to ride the next day. Fairly easy for the LX not so easy on other bikes like the GTS (bigger battery, more bodywork to remove)

randypogi on April 20, 2013, 06:27:18 AM
be sure the ampheres of the LX battery is the same as with the car battery before using jumper cables.
2Corinthians 5:17